Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattc123456
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Cancelled Order Not Cancelled Twice...

I just wanted to get something down in writing that I hope some mods pick up on.

Quick background, I ordered Infinity for my flat back in Aug for activation this week, the next day BT put a deal on that meant it was cheaper now. So I phoned the support team who told me I would have to cancel and reorder, so they cancelled me there and then and I ordered Infinity again. On my account the new order was then shown as being processed and the old order was marked as cancelled.

Fast forward to last week, I got an email relating to the cancelled order, so I checked online and the order was marked as active again. I called the support team again who said the cancellation got stuck in the system so we can cancel it again, so that was what was done.

However, this morning, again after a few texts over the weekend, my Infinity package has been activated for the cancelled order (silver lining, I now have internet a day early), however I am meant to have my Infinity package for the correct order still activated tomorrow, so now I am concerned that I will be billed twice for an order for the same address, of which one was cancelled, and that something add will happen to my connection tomorrow.

Also I have two HomeHubs as well, which I was told to hang on to and I might get a pre-paid return box at some point.

Shoud I just wait and see what happens tomorrow/see what comes through in my bill?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cancelled Order Not Cancelled Twice...

@mattc123456

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. 

Your best bet would be to contact our order team and ask them to look at this and clarify what's happening. I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to our order team whereby you can online chat with them. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mattc123456
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your quick response, I will get right on it and let you know if I have any other issues.

Kind Regards,

Matt

0 Ratings
Seraph
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

From BT residential/small business code of pratice:

disagree.png

0 Ratings
mattc123456
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for your help, after contacting the online team, I was told that I would have to phone the support team again. This time I have been assured that it has been cancelled and I will not get the bill and they have also raised it with the compaints team who were going to follow it through and find out why it was not cancelled the previous times. So fingers crossed that it is all sorted.

Again I will post back if there are any further issues but thanks for your help so far.

0 Ratings
mattc123456
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Following up on this, I just received an email with information about the cancellation of my services and it appears that despite telling the cancellation team over the phone that it should just be the BT Infinity + phone line order, they are cancelling all services on my account, which includes my BT Mobile service. Further to this, I was told that I would not have to pay for the cancellation however I have to pay around £350.

Secondly, the account for my parents internet and phone, which my BT Mobile discount was previously ordered from, has also been processed for a cancellation for an unknown reason.

I currently am in a place where I have limited phone signal so I managed to start a phone call with the cancellation team but I was cut off so I wanted to put something on here as a record but I hope that my BT Mobile is not cut off before I can sort this out.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi mattc123456,

Thanks for posting back.

We will pick this up from here and help straighten everything out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see our contact link.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mattc123456
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your help, I did manage to find a landline to call the support team on Friday night who, after double checking and a bit of back and forth said that they have changed the cancellation order so only the Infinity and the Phone line would be cancelled and the BT Mobile and BT Sport would remain active, also saying the connection on my parents account should be unaffected. However, after getting back to a place where there is phone signal, my phone is still showing as “Emergency Calls Only” and I cannot access my account to see what services I still have available, showing as a technical error. I am also not inclined to believe what state my parents internet shall be in.

I am just filling in your contact us form now. Unfortunately, this has reached a whole new level of confusion and annoyance, particularly after being extremely happy with the BT service I have received over the past 2 years.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9
Moved:

0 Ratings