Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimthinks
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cancelled account 2.5 years ago but still being ghost billed

Go to solution

Hi  BT Community, 

I left BT in spring 2017 (yes, two and a half years ago). In the meantime I have made around four repeated, long calls to "Customer Services" to properly cancel both the account and Direct Debit, after they made a number of mistakes in entirely cancelling everything together.

Yet I still receive monthly bills for +£0.52 and -£0.52 alternatively. I have called about this exact problem several times and been wrongly assured it has been fixed. I am unable to find an email address to write to.

So while I never owe any money, I could do without hearing from BT every month with this strange billing quirk. I do not want a relationship with this company any more than I can face calling again to no avail. 

Please can anyone help me stop these ghost bills?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelled account 2.5 years ago but still being ghost billed

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @kimthinks 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sincere apologies that you're receiving these bills.  This looks to be an error on our part and I am disappointed that this is still happening despite the calls you made to try and get this resolved.

You can get in touch with us and we will give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @kimthinks,

Thanks for taking my call this morning. I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you. If you have any other problems please post back and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings