cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sison
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cancelled but then new BT phone order after joining Virgin Media?

Can anyone help? I wasn't happy with all the price rises and so gave notice to leave.

Anyone else moved to VM and had rubbish advice from BT.

told to arrange another provider and everything will be cancelled.

placed order with VM. Received email from BT confirming the request and date my services would be moved and ceased.

spoke to retentions? Tried to persuade me to stay. But confirmed I wanted to leave. They checked and had a request to cease line and move number but not for broadband? Asked to check with VM. But then received email about broadband cease fee. Checked if I needed to cancel anything and firmly told NO IT WILL ALL BE CANCELLED AS ITS ALL A PACKAGE.

i had heard people had problems with having to give 30 days notice for phone or Tv 

install happened and new services up and phone number moved. Great.

well about 10 days after move received emails confirming cancellation of bttv and broadband and a new order for a phone line? I never made an order. I was also expecting services to cease on the date in the email and letters I had received. Phoned to question and was told it was because VM use their own lines and I should have cancelled the line separately. After all the previous hassle told call centre firmly that all services were due to stop 10 days before and I was waiting for final bill. Told to wait overnight and all would be cancelled.

A week later still have phone on account. No bill for last month but my VM line now has problems which could be related to the number being requested back to BT.

After 30 mins on hold I have just been told the new order was because VM didn't move the line? I am also being told I will have to pay line rental but will be cancelled in 4-5 working days?  All totally opposite to what I had been told on the phone and in emails letters? Who is right? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sison
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancelled but then new BT phone order after joining Virgin Media?

Quick update if anyone cares?

Come on BT have some pride?

BT Phone order was raised because Virgin didnt take over the line. Acording to BT

Virgin say they moved the phone number as agreed and this would cancel the line (I have been using it on Virgin for a few weeks)

Virgin letter also said not to cancel the line as they will do that as part of porting number.

BT said the new line was activated with my old phone number (another lie!)

Tried the code to check own number on the BT line and it wasn't my number.

Account still showed that number.

They are going to cancel can take 4-5 days and I will have to pay costs.

Call center staff said service was carried on as I didnt cancel. However new service was weekends only and previous was anytime calls.

I informed Call centre staff I had emails/ texts to confirm cancel date "UNLESS THEY HEAR FROM ME" which they didn't obviously other than to check I didnt need to do anything else! 

Today helpful call centre reported account is closed and I will get a bill within 14 days on the 24th November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Account should have been closed end of September and bill should be in my hand now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
darkjamzi
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

hehe, I have been trying to cancel my stuff with BT since February! Finally it seems they managed to cancel it, but they say because I leave before my contract expires I need to pay 140 quid! Somehow, someone put an unlimited phone package on my account last week....... LOL I guess this must have been done by the CS guy desperately trying to cancel things........

0 Ratings
Sison
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Another update more to help anyone else as I don't appear to get any assistance on here.....Bill arrives today and another hour on the phone to try and get any sense. (at least i would have been an hour if they didnt have to close!!!!!!)

Some how now, as I didnt give notice to cancel broadband/ TV ...that WAS already cancelled 10 days into October. I have to pay BB costs till 15th November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have to pay for the line rental of a new phone line I never ordered and worse the unlimited call pack that wasnt ordered has somehow appeared and I have to pay for that. 

You couldn't make this rubbish up. If I dont get a significant pay off for this stress and time I am wasting talking to what appears to eb clueless CS staff. I am taking this to the Ombudsman.

This is Criminal and I feel for anyone who cannot face the constant futile frustrating neverending effort to sort this out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi Sison,

Thanks for posting. I’m really sorry there’s been such a mess up with the orders etc. I’m sure I can get this sorted for you. Can you please email over the details? You’ll get the contact link in my profile. Once I have your details we’ll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings