cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Cancelled contract, no service since June 25 but still being billed - please help!

Go to solution

I recently moved house but BT couldnt connect my new line or infinity so after a few weeks of waiting with no one able to tell me what was happening I cancelled the whole thing and went with talktalk.

I cancelled my BT services and was assured it was cancelled, then I got a bill for July so called cust servs again to be told it has been cancelled and they will refund me - still waiting, I even got an email telling me my service has been cancelled yet today I got another bill for August yet BT have not supplied me with a phone line or broadband so I have no idea what they are charging me for.

Please can anyone help me resolve this as I cant afford to pay another bill

Thks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Cancelled contract, no service since June 25 but still being billed - please help!

Go to solution

Why are you paying bills for a service that has been cancelled?

If you are paying by direct debit, go to your bank.  Cancel the direct debit mandate, then invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee, and ask the bank to refund the payments that should not have been taken.

unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Re: Cancelled contract, no service since June 25 but still being billed - please help!

Go to solution

Thats exactly what I want to know, after BT took the first months money after i had cancelled they advised me to keep the DD open so they could refund me.

I had trouble before when i cancelled the DD after cancelling (think it was tiscali) they still send threatening letters about non payment even though I was not tied to any contract.

But you are right and I will cancel the DD this morning as I have an email from them as proof if things get nasty and i have wasted enough time talking to them on the phone all they do is apologise but nothing gets done. 

0 Ratings
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

I have just rang my bank and cancelled the direct debit and also asked for them to refund me which they said will take just one day - im sure this wont be the end of the matter though but fingers crossed

What a terrible company to deal with and I havent even mentioned the hassle I had trying to get them to install a new line and broadband when I moved - two months with no service at all and they still have the nerve to charge me - never again!

0 Ratings
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Well BT left me a message to call them back, so I just have and they asked why I have cancelled my direct debit so I said I have no broadband or phone line with them and it was cancelled two months ago - the reply was no your account has not been cancelled!!!!! I asked what phone number do I have (as it was dead when i rang it several weeks ago) no reply

I was put on hold again then she came back and said dont worry I owe them nothing it was their mistake! which I have heard them say about 5 times now so we will see

Also interestingly I agreed to do the short online survey after the call but when the time came there was no survey, I noticed this with BT online chat too. It seems if they know your not happy you dont get a chance to do the survey - what a great way to always get good feedback by never letting any unhappy customers do the survey.

0 Ratings
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

18.30 another call from BT, please can I call them about direct debit, same thing all over again, you couldnt make this up

0 Ratings
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Think I will use this as a record of the hassle I receive from BT as just received letter asking to pay an outstanding balance or they will restrict my services (of which Ive had none since the 25th June)

The letter is dated the 30th Aug so will ignore it as Ive sorted, or was told its sorted, over the phone on 2nd Sept.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi unreal,

Thanks for posting. This doesn't sound right. I'll take a look for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi David,

Thanks I will email you with the details later today as I was told its been sorted but now Im receiving emails to pay £68 although on the phone I was told I owe nothing as it was BT's mistake!

0 Ratings
unreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Also what details do you need as this has been going on since June and so there is a big list of phone calls Ive made etc.

Can I just send you my account number and details about my house move?

Also anyone know if its ok for me to record phone conversations with BT as they tell me I owe nothing but I still get bills and I will need proof if this doesnt get resolved soon.

0 Ratings