Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JavierFarre90
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Cancelled new installation order after 1 day - still waiting for refund

Go to solution

Hello,

Recently my contract period ended with my previous broadband supplier, so I decided to look for better deals (this was the 4th of April). After deciding for a good deal from BT, I decided to proceed on it and paid in advance the one-off charges of £59.99 (cost of line activation). The next day, I got a call from my previous broadband supplier who made me a counter offer which was a much better deal than the one I was getting with BT, so, since only one day had passed and the BT installation wasn't planned until 13th of April, I decided to cancel it and go back to my previous supplier.

I contacted BT on 5th of April to cancel the order and explained why. They seemed to understand the issue and proceeded on cancelling the order and informed I would be refunded the £59.99 within 5 working days. On the 11th of April I contacted again BT to check about the refund, and got mentioned that the previous BT operator hadn't closed the account properly and that it would now be closed and I would be refunded. 

However, I didn't receive any refund so I contacted again on 21st of April to check status of the refund, this time I used Live chat to have some written confirmation of the conversation. Again, operator confirmed I should be refunded since I cancelled before Activation date and said that it would be raised for the manager aproval and that I should receive the refund within 5 working days, but still haven't received anything. Also, I received a bill dated on 18th of April showing that my account has no credit and I have been charged for the Activation!

I find it amusing that, considering I cancelled on the 5th of April, I still haven't received the refund for that. What am I supposed to do to help getting this refund done? Is there anybody in this forum that could help on getting this resolved?

Thanks.

Regards,

Javier.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cancelled new installation order after 1 day - still waiting for refund

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JavierFarre90 and welcome.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to sort out your refund. I can help. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
JavierFarre90
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @DavidM,

I have now proceeded on contacting you privately. My enquiry reference number is 170428-*****.

Kind regards,

Javier.

0 Ratings
JavierFarre90
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Hello, I still haven't received any refund @DavidM. Can you please let me know why it is taking so long? I got contacted by somebody called Robbie who said this would be processed last week but nothing so far.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@JavierFarre90 Robbie is chasing this up for you and he'll get in touch with you today.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
JavierFarre90
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, I can confirm that the refund has been processed. Although it has taken an incredible amount of time, with conversations with several operators promising it would be refunded in 3 to 5 days.

It has only been Robbie who has managed to get this thing sorted. He even gave me regular calls to update on the status, so this is very much appreciated. So my thanks to all the involved moderators on chasing this.

Kind regards,

Javier.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JavierFarre90 thanks for posting this update and glad to hear @RobbieMac helped get this sorted for you.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings