cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikehampson1878
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling BT Sport 5 days after taking out contract

I took out a BT sport contract as I wanted to watch on a my Sky Tv. However I currently have BT sport App as part of my EE contract and  didnt know you could cast to a screen using my apple TV for just £10 per month. 

I rang today to cancel my BT Sport subscription and they want to charge me £197 to cancel which I feel is absoloutely riduclous considering I've had the sevice for just 5 days !!! The young lady even tried to to sell a BT TV contract to me to HELP ME SAVE MONEY !!!! UNBELIEVABLE SELLING TECHNIQUES !!!!!! 

She even said I was taking it out to watch 1 game of football ! If that was the case I would have taken a 1 month contract out I genuinely didint know about the casting to apple tv until it was advertised on TV last night !!!!

Surely there is someone sensible at BT who can sort my problem out !!! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling BT Sport 5 days after taking out contract

Hi @mikehampson1878 Welcome to the BT community forum.

I'm really sorry, but since you have BT Sport on EE Mobile, you will need to go back to EE, as these accounts aren't managed by us. EE is the only one that can deal with your account.

0 Ratings
mikehampson1878
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Stephanie
My issue isn’t with my ee contract it’s with BT as I took out a BT sports to show on my sky tv. My complaint is that I wasn’t aware of the benefits with EE and when I’ve tried to cancel with Bt to watch on sky you want to charge me £197
0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@mikehampson1878wrote:
Hi Stephanie
My issue isn’t with my ee contract it’s with BT as I took out a BT sports to show on my sky tv. My complaint is that I wasn’t aware of the benefits with EE and when I’ve tried to cancel with Bt to watch on sky you want to charge me £197

Hi @mikehampson1878

You should be able to cancel BT Sports within the cooling off period AND you haven’t used the service. I suppose this is to stop people taking out BT Sport to watch one match and then cancel. http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/lib/pdf/sportterms.pdf

benjsdavis
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

BT Sport is not covered by a 14-day cooling off period as per terms and conditions on BT's website.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/sport

You may cancel your agreement for the service and order for equipment within 14 days from your service start date (or the day you receive your order confirmation or your equipment is delivered, if this is later). This doesn’t apply to some services such as BT Sport or BT TV bolt-ons. We set out work this works in our terms and conditions at www.bt.com/legalstuff. If you decide to cancel within this period, you will have to pay for the services you have used and any connection charges that may apply. You must also return any equipment we have sent you. Where you have also cancelled an order for equipment, you must return it (undamaged and in its original packaging), following our instructions. We will refund anything you have already paid for the equipment but may deduct the relevant costs where damage has occurred to the equipment and it is not in its original condition.

0 Ratings