Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dave1995
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Cancelling BT TV help?

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of cancelling my BT TV and moving just the tv over to another provider. I'll be keeping my phone line and internet.

I've just been off the chat to a BT employee and the price he gave me seems a bit low? (£26.15)

Does anyone know if this is correct? We're currently on BT TV- Unlimited Extra Subscription with Sky Movies and we've been on the contract for 5-6 Months any help? 

Thanks for your time!

Dave

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancelling BT TV help?

Go to solution

I think that figure is the penalty for cancellng your existing contract to remove the TV element, not your new monthly charge for broadband and landline.

0 Ratings
Dave1995
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yeah I got confused when the person said it was £26 to cancel it cause it seemed really low for cancelling a contract specially with 6ish months to go.

So do you think thats correct then? I know my phone line and broadband will be £42

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If it makes any difference, BT Vision contracts are normally only 12 months, even if the broadband contract is 18 months.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Remember that in addition to the cancellation charges you may be liable to equipment charges for say BT Vision or Youview Box as normally the standard price is only wriitten off  after 12 months.

0 Ratings