cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Cancelling BT Tv (just an observation)

Go to solution

I find it odd that any change in billing is explained in great detail when it occurs halfway through the billing period i.e. Old price to this date, refund for that date, new charge from this date etc. etc.

Yet if I terminate Bt Tv  I'm required to give 30 days notice for which I'm billed. I want it stopped, end of, fini, from the day I phone and cancel, so why, with all the computing power at BT's finger tips, will I still be charged to the end of NEXT months bill?

At least being a pre-2019 bt box I gather I've no need to return it complete with cobwebs.

Still, mustn't grumble, allegedly cancelling bt-tv will eventually reduce my bill to less than it was pre the coming price hike for the rest of the package...... Bit like the story I was told when switched to EE mobile....

Oh! Look, there goes another pink elephant!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cancelling BT Tv (just an observation)

Go to solution

@RobinPwrote:

Yet if I terminate Bt Tv  I'm required to give 30 days notice for which I'm billed. I want it stopped, end of, fini, from the day I phone and cancel, so why, with all the computing power at BT's finger tips, will I still be charged to the end of NEXT months bill?

The BT terms state 30 days notice is required to end any service, if you want it cancelled on a set date then call up at least 30 days before then, that way it stops when you want and you've complied with the agreed terms and conditions.