cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zonnks
Message 1 of 3

Cancelling Contract Early - Way to pay contract in advance?

Go to solution

Hello all,

Quick question

I have paid my bill regulary each month for a 12 month contract.

My contract expires on the 5th of September 2018, however due to living in student accommodation, we are now unable or allowed to stay in summer due to maitenence works needing to take place Smiley Sad

We have two months left to pay - July to August & August to September.

I am willing to pay my contract happily till even if i am no longer in the property and then take the box with me as thats all we have is the broadband box and a basic landline and send back when contract is over. Our package is £34.99 a month.

What is the best thing to do? This is my first time doing my bills myself and advice is much appreciated so please be kind.

I know early cancellation charges can occur but ive heard they are very high Smiley Sad I wish Bt would just let you pay off the service without the charges , it would save a lot of trouble. I do have the money to pay as it is my fault for not ensuring we could stay over summer so my responsibility.

Thanks guys!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancelling Contract Early - Way to pay contract in advance?

Go to solution

Either keep paying the bill until contract is over or try calling the Options Team on 0800.800.030 to see what the early cancellation fees would be and decide once you have that information.

If you do keep paying till the contract is over, you do not need to send the box back. It becomes your property after the initial contract has been fulfilled.

Zonnks
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancelling Contract Early - Way to pay contract in advance?

Go to solution

Thank you very much! Smiley Very Happy have a lovely day

0 Ratings