Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venomx
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling Contract If Needed ?

Go to solution

Moving home soon and the connection may not be as good as i have now ( 75mb sync, infinity 2)

If i move to a property which has a sync speed of 45mb. Am i entitled to cancel or not, if not what would my options be ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling Contract If Needed ?

Go to solution

You can cancel at anytime but if within a minimun term for a contract you will have to pay an early termination charge.

You have fibre now and your new address will also have fibre, even if it's slower it won't be grounds to leave without a penalty, I'd advise trying to negotiate a new promotion when you move if it's possible, depends how long you have left on your current contract.
You can take a broadband promotion with you, the line however will be renewed for a new 12 month term on the homemove order.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Because its your choice to move , it's you that are changing the terms of the contract, so even if you consider the speed available at the new address so unimpressive that you don't want to take BT services at that address, then early termination charges (if applicable) would be raised....

You took out a minimum term contract at your current address, if you don't fulfill your obligation then ETC's become due, allowing you to move your service to a new address and not impose ETC for the old address is gesture of good will by BT, you either want this or you don't, the only exception is if BT couldn't supply any service at all at the new address, in this regard the speed at the new address is irrelevant.

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Fair enough thanks.

It wasn't my decision to move, it was the landlord selling my property to someone else.

I should be fine with the slower speeds anyway. Contract expires in summer of 2019

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Venomxwrote:
Contract expires in summer of 2019

It does at the minute, however if you do move your services, the line at your new address will be renewed for 12 months, no way round that when your home move order is placed, otherwise you will have a broadband promotion that expires in the summer but still be in contract until 12 months after the service goes live at the new address.
Depending on your discount now it could be quite an increase paying standard prices for 6 months, give or take.

It might be worth renewing the broadband when you place the home move, see what deal you can negotiate.

0 Ratings