Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Cancelling account

Hi there,

Where would I be able to find out how much notice I need to give to cancel my account?  I suspect I'm 'out of contract' now.

(ii) how would I cancel it?  What's the easiest way?*

(iii) I have a YouView box - what would happen to that when the account closes?  Could I keep it or would I have to send it back?

Thanks!

*hint: I don't really want to call a call centre line if at all possible.

Distinguished Sage

Re: Cancelling account

try phoning 0800800030 and see if still in contract  if not they may offer a deal to stay but you can just decline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

If you have completed the full initial 12 month BT YouView contract, then the YouView box is yours to keep.

You can find the date your contract started like this.

Log into account and paste below llink - should hopefully bring up all contract order history. https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (personal website) is back, with lots of useful info for BT home broadband customers..

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

Thanks Keith.  I thought that might be the case.

When I log in to see my orders I get an error*

Is there a way to see my contract period via the navigation options on my account?

*Some internal error occured.
E00003: Entity 404 could not be found. User Reference is REF20171115-1510273818069