Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thisusername
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cancelling all BT products

Hi

Looking through my packages and BT want to charge me £2 more a month (for broadband) to upgrade to the same package that I'm on now. Seems over the top when they charge new customer just under £20 less for exactly the same.

This has lead me to look at other providers and I can get exactly the same from Plusnet for less than BT and save me over £40 on what I'm paying now (I do lose BT Sport but this isn't really an issue).

As BT (and many other companies) are busy at this time with more vulnerable customers at call centres is there a way for me to cancel all services BT provide me with online?

Sorry if I've gone on a bit and thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelling all BT products

No. You need to phone up 150 to cancel. There is no online method at present

remember if you are in contract you will have cancellation charges. Have you tried options team to see what you can negotiate. If nowhere near Plusnet then move 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Thisusername
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

BT currently charge new customers for Broadband and line rental what Plusnet will charge me for calls included and no price increase next year (for, I assume, the same service as they are the same company?). I can't see them offering me anything special to stay.

I hate leaving companies, but over £40 A month saving is a lot of money.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The phone call is free so no harm in phoning. If you don't like the offer then just don't bother

check your cab is not full with waiting list otherwise you will lose your your fibre connection. If no waiting list then no problems. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings