cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philhudson1979
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cancelling early

Am I allowed to cancel early free of charge due to BT's incompetence?

I logged a complaint with them over 5 months ago due to having issues on my account where I cant add/remove packages online.  Keep getting a message saying unable to make changes due to a technical issue. 

I keep getting calls giving me an update to say there is no update, received one at the beginning of December saying its fixed and asked me to test while on the phone which I did, still didn't work so the complaint was reopened.  When I log on to my account now there is no Broadband or TV listed on my package even though I am paying for them.  I am still not able to make changes.  I was promised a phone call last week which I didn't get, I chased it via direct messaging and was promised one later that day, I have also been promised 3 more calls since then and still not received any.  

5 months to fix this issue is not acceptable and therefore I want to cancel even though I am under contract.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelling early

I doubt that will qualify to enable you to leave without cancellation fees

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if the can help you get this solved  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 4

Hi @philhudson1979 I'm really sorry, that's an awfully long time for something like this not to be sorted but it's not something that we would cancel a contract over as you can still make changes to your service by contacting us directly. I've encountered similar issues before when customers don't have their telephone number as well as the account number associated with the BT ID but it could be something else. I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll take a look. 

0 Ratings
philhudson1979
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Wrong, I asked to make a change when on the phone and they couldn't either. Wanted Sky cinema over the Christmas period but you were unable to add it because of this issue, they told me when the issue is sorted we can do it then.

0 Ratings