cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cannot activate BT ID

Go to solution

Hi, I recently joined BT on 03/03. That was the day Openreach called and set everything up.

The problem I have is that I cant activate my BT ID. I spoke with an online help advisor who told me he had escalated the issue to the technical team and it would be fixed in 5 working days. That was the 14/03.

It is now the 22/03 and I still cant activate it. When I click on the email link 'activate your BT ID now' it takes me to a page that say - 

Your BT ID has not yet been activated. The link we sent you to activate your BT ID has now expired. You can request a new activation email to your BT ID username - [my email address] or change it using any of the links below.

Whenever I click 'resend activation email' it sends me the exact same email and I end up back to the same web page so I'm just going round and round in circles.

Is there anyway to resolve this? Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cannot activate BT ID

Go to solution

Hi @WiLL1178, sorry you can't access your BTID and it wasn't resolved when you called in.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for your help. I can see your message in my inbox but when I click on it nothing happens and there is no option to reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @WiLL1178, sorry about that. I've reset your PM facility. Please can you try again and if you're still unable to reply are you able to send a new PM with the details to me?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @WiLL1178, thanks for speaking with me yesterday.

The BTID has now be deleted so you can start again from scratch. Please got to http://www.bt.com/mybt and things should run smoothly this time.

Let me know how you get on? And if you need further assistance I'll be back in the office on Friday PM.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for helping out.

Unfortunately despite successfully registering my BT ID, when I receive the activation email, it is sending back round in the same circles. That is, telling me that the link has expired and click here for a new activation email. despite trying it multiple times, no further progress.

I did register the BT ID using the same email address and password as before. Would it may be better to perhaps try registering with a different email address?

Regards, William

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @WiLL1178, I called earlier sorry I missed you. If you've another email address you haven't used for a BTID before please do try it and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi again,

I tried changing my BT ID. I received an email that I had to click on to activate along with a request to enter my password. Upon doing so, I get the message 'Sorry something's gone wrong. Please try again later'.

This was using a gmail email address. It appears nothing is working. It is 4 weeks ago today that I had BT fibre installed but yet no closer to resolving this.

Do you have any ideas on what to do next?

Regards, William

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @WiLL1178, thanks for your PM yesterday to confirm that the account is now fixed and working ok.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings