cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Cannot login to My BT with MS Edge

Since early September, I've been unable to login to My BT using Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.  Every time  I try to login, it tells my Username or Password wrong.  Yet if I use Google in Windows 10 with exactly the same login details it works.  Twice I've reported this to BT, but no joy.  Just tell me there nothing wrong their end.  Seem more interested in closing complaint instead of getting to bottom of issue.

However, when this first happened, someone suggested it was BT Server gone down as was a very stormy week!

Has anyone else experienced a similar problems and how did it get resolved? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Cannot login to My BT with MS Edge

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies from your Edge browser. Make sure you use the "from all time" option.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Yes, but no change. However, I not clear absolutely everything. As wish to retain saved password, since I do use a different one for each site. Do you think that maybe the issue?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Are you absolutely sure the saved password being entered by BOTH browsers is exactly the same? 

Not sure what you mean "As wish to retain saved password, since I do use a different one for each site." as we are referring ONLY to MyBT where obviously, the same password applies no matter which browser you are using.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

One of the options in history is you can clear all saved passwords from Edge.  As far as I understand it, Passwords no longer saved in Windows 10 Credential Manager, but in Edge Browser.  Unless you can tell me different!  I have same option in Google when clearing history to delete all saved passwords too.  The two password lists different depending on which sites I use that browser for.  So passwords not saved in a common windows database.  Again, unless you know different?

However, to answer your question yes.  Using exactly same credentials in both browsers when signing in.  That is what has me stumped.  Why should it work for one, but not the other browser?

Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 11

@AndyBuck25 The very latest version of Edge runs on Chrome now so apart from some slight UI changes, they're the same browser. Click the Show Password option and make sure that you are typing them in exactly the same. 

If you're using an old version of Edge, update to the latest version because the old Edge was awful

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I'm sure I'm using the latest version of Edge and that possibly when problem started!

Are you suggesting that since both browsers based on chrome they use a common database for passwords?  Since saved password lists appear different in each browser!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

You may be making procedures too difficult for yourself.

Firstly the password listings in Chrome and the new Edge are independent.

You can import your Chrome passwords into Edge...but you have to decide which is correct. If you think that all of your Chrome passwords are and were working correctly, then you import them into Edge.

The problem will come later on, when you use one or other browser with a new login.

I only use Edge for secure logins: it all works, but then it's a matter of choice.

It helps to store passwords in a separate excel file, as a defined reference point. You can store in notes in MS Office as a starting point, but there's no guarantee that MS will maintain support for this feature.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Thanks, that sounds like a good option I not thought of regarding Excel.  If your suggest doesn't work, I think will delete Edge and then reinstall to see what happens.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

@AndyBuck25wrote:

Thanks, that sounds like a good option I not thought of regarding Excel. 

I suggest, if you go this option, to secure the Excel spreadsheet with an encrypted password. Further, suggest the use of a novelty file name to confuse the rich African prince who might, somehow, obtain access to your files.

0 Ratings