cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilD1
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Cannot order online - technical error Ref# CON-0067

I have been trying to order a BT Infinity 1 package online and through an affilliate link for the past couple of weeks. I have tried multiple times and spoken to several customer services reps both on live chat and by phone to try and get it resloved but with no luck.

I was told originally that the problem should be fixed in a couple of days, but when trying again it still failed at the same point. By this time I had missed the offer so decided to wait. Now that there is a new black friday offer, I tried to order again - but still get the same error.

Checking through this forum I see it is a fairly common error, but does seem to have been resolved for some. I would have thought that 2 weeks should be ample to fix the error. Is there anything I can do to get the error fixed, or will I never be able to order directly online - and miss out on the potential deals.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
NeilD1
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cannot order online - technical error Ref# CON-0067

I have tried ordering again today, but now after I have selected the package I want and go through to confirm my package, it changes my selection from Unlimited Fibre to standard broadband. It doesnt tell me it has changed, its only when I notice that the price is lower than it should be. This is all despite the BT site saying that infinity  1 & 2 are available to my address / number, and I even have fibre broadband at the moment. I didn't think that switching broadband supplier would be this difficult. I would have thought that BT would want to attract customers who want to switch but I just seem to be getting no real response and ending up at the same brick wall whenever I try to order.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
NeilD1
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

This is the result from the checker

broadbandchecker.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

sorry that is not the checkers results please enter your phone number into the checker then post the results shown
0 Ratings
NeilD1
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

That is the result I get. I have tried several times. I've just removed the phone number (after running the check). Do I need to do this from my home address - if so I would have to do this later.

I'm not currently a BT customer, but used to be several years ago , on the same number and same address, does this matter.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

The website can be troublesome. Try using a different browser
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
NeilD1
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

I have tried a couple of different browsers, even my phones browser but still get the same results. It says `there is no data for this number. This could be because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number'.

I am not currently a BT customer, I am looking to switch from my current supplier, so I guess this is why it doesn't work with the number checker.

From the same link I used the address checker. If I enter my postcode and house number I get two results - both the same address, but one with a comma after the house number and on the other no comma after the house number but a series of numbers after the address. If I select the address with the trailing numbers it states that it `cannot determine ADSL availability at this address'. If I select the address with a comma after the house number I get the following results (address removed) :-

broadbandchecker_address.jpg

I'm not sure if any of this is what is preventing me being able to order online. The affilliate link is obviously a big incentive to switching, but unless I can complete fully online I am unable to get the cashback.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

this is a known website problem that seems to happen from time to time it disappears as quickly as it can appear
0 Ratings
NeilD1
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

OK thanks for the reply,

I guess you mean the availabilty checker. I've tried a few times and it always comes back with no data available for this number.

On another note, I tried yet again to order, and this time it didn't change my selection from the infinity 1, but still errored with the same Ref# CON-0067 problem. This is really frustrating - I've wasted so much time trying to order, spoken to several on-line chat and directly on the phone to customer services, the vast majority of the time most of the cs are a waste of time, no one seems to know what the Ref# CON-0067 error is, or where to direct me. On one occasion I was on web chat and told to call customer serices, they in turn told me to try web chat.

I probably could order directly on the phone, but would miss out on cashback if I did. This seems really unfair as it seems to be down to a database error, which I have no control over and cannot do anything to fix. Meanwhile others are able to order online and benefit from the cashback.

Despite me informing BT about this problem over 2 weeks ago, nothing has changed. Meanwhile I have already missed one offer, which would have given me a better monthly rate on both the broadband and the call charges, and I am about to miss out on another offer.

I guess I'm not meant to switch, I'll probably look for another supplier or stick with my current, they do appear to have more reliable and technically knowledgable customer services.

0 Ratings