cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 56

Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and staying safe.

Our contract is up in just over a month and with the Full Fibre 900 launched quietly yesterday I thought I would look into upgrading to that for the 2 years that seems to be the contract norm now.

Unfortunately the online system will not let me and directed me to the Fibre Infinity special number where a kind chap tried to help me out, however he was only able to offer it to me at a higher price than is quoted on the BT broadband web page.

We have been on Halo since we had FTTP and I have no interest in keeping it if it can lower the price.  It was my understanding that existing customers should now not pay more than a new customer and to be honest I was hoping for a cheaper deal for my loyalty, especially as we have been paying £54.99 a month for the 300Mbps service when the price has been lower than that for new customers for a number of months - £49.99 I remember seeing and perhaps even lower than that on occasion.  Maybe I misunderstood what the Halo was supposed to offer, but it does seem to say in my paperwork that I shouldn't have been paying more than what a new customer pays.

He said he would put me through to the value team who may be able to offer me a better deal, however after a few minutes on hold the line went dead.

I'd rather not waste the BT teams time hanging on hold as I am aware there must be vulnerable customers hoping to speak to an agent, so I wonder if the mods here are able to help and have someone from the value team contact me to see if it is worth my while staying with BT?

I've had problems in the past with the provisioning of our new build FTTP so I wonder if that's why I'm not being shown any offers online (one complete order had to be cancelled altogether and put through the system again)?  There's no doubt the line and exchange are capable of the 900Mb service so I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance and stay safe!

0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 56

Re: Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

You would get the same price as a new customer when your existing contract ends.

As you are already on FTTP it is best to ring them to see what can be done - even though fibre 900 may have been launched it doesn't mean that any ISP is making it available yet and providing it in the current circumstances is nowhere near a priority.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 56

you need to check here as your line may not yet be provision of the faster speed

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

that was BTs announcement of costs  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/03/isp-bt-prices-new-uk-gigabit-and-full-fibre-broadband-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 56

Thanks for the replies guys.

My other half works in I.T. so we are pretty sure of this.

900Mb IS AVAILABLE right now from BT, it was launched yesterday on the QT and they offer it for sale on their own webpage...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/03/isp-bt-prices-new-uk-gigabit-and-full-fibre-broadband-...

When I try to join as a new customer I am offered it for £59.99, although speaking to some other contacts it seems they have got it down to £54.99 from retentions.

The 900Mb IS AVAILABLE on my line, I am 99% sure - the dsl checker page has given the 1 gig speed for many months now.

As I said, I already tried to phone and the guy offered it to me for £7 more than I already pay, which makes it more expensive than a new customer deal.

He said I should speak to the value team, went to connect me and I was on hold for 5 mins or so before the line went dead.  I don't see the point in queuing for an hour or more to speak to someone who then also tries to put me through to another department and then I may get cut off again.

Hoping a mod can help, but thanks anyway guys, I can assure you both that I am able to get this new product.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 56

phone 0800800030 or the FTTP team who deal with all FTTP 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 56

Buying as a new customer at my address...Buying as a new customer at my address...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 56

As I've already said, twice now, I've spoke to the fibre team.  Please read my posts again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 56

then try the other number   which is options team

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 56

OK, will try later, thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 56

I have the same issue. Can’t upgrade from Halo 250 to Fibre 900. It’s available at my address on the BT website, ADSL checker indicates 1000/220.

BT can’t upgrade me though - day max speed I can get is what I’m on. Tried 3 different numbers, same outcome with all.

Maybe it’s just not properly live on their system for some customers.

0 Ratings