Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 31 of 201

Re: Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

I cant even order the 900 package not showing up any more  but I know I have full fibre as I get 330 down and 50 up but on the bt site it says I can only get the lowest speed is there any one I can call sometime once this covid 19 is out of the way also is there a way to find out if my exchange can support up to 1gig download speeds or maybe pay to have it installed ? Its says I'm on a full fibre network that supports up to 1gig speeds on the open reach site ?

0 Ratings
andrewmc121
Beginner
Message 32 of 201

Go to solution

I just called up the FTTP team and they told me the reason it's not showing in anyone's area anymore is because they pulled all FTTP packages online (and even in their internal systems) to stop people ordering.  The reason for this is because new installations require an engineer to go into the home and they aren't doing that.

I did explain I wouldn't need an engineer to my house and the speed upgrade is most likely done remotely, but he said unfortunately for now they don't even have the option in their systems to put through anything on full fibre.

It sounds like this was the easiest way for them to handle receiving new orders that they can't fulfill during this time which makes sense.

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 33 of 201

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments and welcome to the Community.  I am very sorry to hear that you have not been unable to place an order for BT Full Fibre, and any confusion caused in terms of the availability of this new service at your address.

I have spoken with our Fibre team and they have confirmed that at this moment in time we are unable to offer the upgrade to all customers who have the availability at their address.  The reason for this is that our Full Fibre plans may require a home visit from an engineer.  Openreach have suspended the vast majority of these appointments in light of the coronavirus pandemic. 

Engineers attending your home is only available in exceptional circumstances where vulnerable customers who have no service will be prioritised.  This is why you may have seen the broadband checker give conflicting information recently.

We appreciate that existing BT Fibre 250 customers may not need a home visit from an engineer so BT is looking into a way in which we can offer an upgrade to our existing ‘Fibre to the Premises’ (FTTP) customers. However, this will take some time to investigate. Unfortunately, I am unable to offer a timescale as to when this will become available but as I get any new info I will post it here in Community.

I am very sorry as I am sure this will come as a disappointment and I will let you know more as soon as I can.

Cheers

Sean

JA407
Contributor
Message 34 of 201

Go to solution

How about for new customers who have the FTTP equipment installed by BT Open reach and do not require a home visit? 

Been calling BT nearly every day for the past week and every advisor gives a different explanation. Right now I have the a smarthub coming tomorrow with 330MB FTTP service why not the full 900mb which is showing online along with on Open Reach's post code finder? 

Doesn't make sense to advertise 500mb for £49.99 but due to errors on your system you can only sell 330mb for the same price locking in a 24 month contract. Right now i've been advised the solution is to take out a contract for up to 330mb then wait 1 week then upgrade as you cannot buy 500MB or 900MB as a new customer? No doubt there will be some excuse making you stick to the poor speed at the same high price.

Other service providers don't make you jump through hoops to set up a new contract.

0 Ratings
rossi2303
Beginner
Message 35 of 201

Go to solution

I'm in the same boat - can see on the router there is a 1GBPS uplink (already have the FTTP kit installed and am on the 250MB halo 1 package). Called BT FTTP team/value team and they are unable to see the packages on the system despite them being available previously on the website. Seems strange to prevent upgrades to customers who are able to upgrade remotely. I get told that it's because an engineer visit would be required but I don't see why when I already have the latest SH2 and all of the FTTP kit installed.

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 36 of 201

Go to solution

does it say Gig ethernet on the back of your router? i was told they called back but most of us will have to wait untill the covid 19 is out of the way and get in contact with one of the engineers as they cant come to houses at the moment

0 Ratings
Caper
Contributor
Message 37 of 201

Go to solution

Thanks for the info.

Disappointing I have to say, but to be expected with the lockdown at the moment.

However, I will join in to say that mine should be a simple remote upgrade  - property is just over 2 years old and the exchange shows 1 gig ready.

Now I have my contract ending in a month, paying £54.99 for Halo 1 250 and no idea whether I am about to be stung by a price increase even though my original contract stipulated I would never pay more than a new customer (the previous "price promise" before this Halo thing slipped in unannounced).... well I have been paying more for a few months already - what can I do about that?

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 38 of 201

Go to solution
my exchange dont says 1gig yet but on the open reach site it says im on a fibre network that can offer up to 1 gig speeds or more maybe requires an install or something would a install fee cost much to have my line upgraded?
0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 201

Go to solution

@stephen1982The BT wholesale checker is the authoritative one. If it says 1000/220, then you are good for when this virus nightmare is over

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 40 of 201

Go to solution

If you have an FTTP Open Reach Optical Network Terminal (ONT) installed  in your property showing service is available you shouldn't have to wait in my opinion, it can be done remotely. BT just need to ship the router and flick a switch.

They have just carelessly put a hold on all FTTP installs explaining an engineer would need to visit which is not the case.