Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caper
Contributor
Message 101 of 201

Re: Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

@jonstatt 

Not for me - when I start as a new customer and even though it tells me I can get Full Fibre 900 at my address - as soon as I get to the phone number check it drops down at the checkout and gives me only 2 options:

Sorry, the package you've selected isn't available. Please choose another from those shown below.

If Fibre options are not listed, you're not eligible for those packages.

Because you're already a BT broadband customer, the package you selected isn't available.

Please choose one of our existing customer packages from the list below.

Fibre 250 with Halo 1 - £64.99

or 

Fibre 250 with Halo 1 and Complete Wi-Fi - £69.99

As I've said before, my contract is up on 30th April so I am hoping this will bring about other options when I phone in - otherwise I am expected to recontract and pay £10 more than I am just now for the same thing!  And a fiver extra for a third of the speed!

I don't care about Halo, I just want the 900 for £59.99 - or cheaper as others have been getting it.

It's all a bit of a farce to be honest.  I mean what is "Because you're already a BT broadband customer, the package you selected isn't available." all about?  Surely being in the last 30 days of my contract I should be able to get a new customer deal - AS ORDERED BY OFCOM?!

0 Ratings
maxmania
Beginner
Message 102 of 201

Go to solution

I will be calling later today to downgrade my package to as my package was on the 25th of March. I will finish my 7 months on my old package and then review my options. I have two BT mobiles which contracts are up around the same time so hope to get s better deal than what I was quoted. Either way I am sure some of the other providers will be more competitive on pricing. I already know of 5 other customers and we are all paying different and all upgrade within our current contracts. I had the least amount of time to go work that out? 

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 201

Go to solution

I don't get it.

Halo 1 has a price promise that you won't pay more than a new customer yet everyone, specifically for Halo 1, seems to be getting different prices for the same thing . 

0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 201

Go to solution

@SeanD 

Is there an update you could look into this, please? I've checked on Openreach and I'm ready for gigabit. I'm in a new build that was wired up with FTTP. I actually had the 900mb plan show up for a few days, but alike others this has now disappeared and says I'm not even eligible for fibre in the area when I'm already on it for fibre 250. I'm almost certain that I'm eligible for this but ringing up I'm just told 300mb is the fastest.

Is there anything you could please look into deeper to try to resolve this?

0 Ratings
sparkymark75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 201

Go to solution
What does it show for the WBC FTTP row when you search for your phone number at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

For some reason mine only shows up to 330.
0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 201

Go to solution

Phone number checker didn't work for me, but the address checker worked and came back as WBC FTTP and up to 330. Wonder why this is 

0 Ratings
nesswill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 201

Go to solution

same boat here wont let me upgrade on line?? on 330/50 FTTP.bt.jpg

...if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off...
0 Ratings
nesswill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 201

Go to solution

...well this sucks!!

can not get through on the phone and still can not order online... guess BT dont want my money!

...if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off...
0 Ratings
Caper
Contributor
Message 109 of 201

Go to solution

I managed, with some help, to get Full Fibre 500 activated, for £49.99 (the same as a new customer) on the proviso that I can upgrade to the 900, without penalty, when it becomes clear why an engineer visit is required for the 900, but not the 500.

Not ideal, but basking in the faster speed just now.  Clearly BT systems need a kick up the backside because I can think of no technical reason why my gigabit enabled exchange cannot supply 900 Mb/s FTTP to my already connected and able equipment.  Something is clearly borked with the ordering system.

Anyway, big shout outs to those who helped - they know who they are. 😀

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 110 of 201

Go to solution

How did you manage that?

im still stuck with my account showing full fibre but not able to order 500 or 900. Still being advised that I need an Open reach engineer visit but they can’t explain why.... umm I can because you don’t know what you’re talking about

very bored of this now, I might give up

0 Ratings