Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 141 of 201

Re: Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

Looks like I'm finally getting Fiber 900! here are the details to hopefully help others;

Re-rang the fibre team today on 0800 587 4787 to be told that 250 fibre was my max. I pushed and told them about the Openreach site telling me that I can get gigabit and they had me on hold for about 5 minutes. They came back after having a chat with the sales team and they acknowledged the error of not seeing any fibre deals online at all and being told 250 is max. They finally could see that I should be getting the max but the system wouldn't let them, so an incident has been raised with the 'offline' team and I should have fibre 900 appear within a week online!

Finally looks like i'm sorted.  😄

stephen1982
Contributor
Message 142 of 201

Go to solution
Where did you go check to see if you can get gigabit speeds on the open reach site ? did it say 1 gig on the dsl checker or was it not showing only saying you can get 330 down and 50 up ?
0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 201

Go to solution

@stephen1982 

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/broadband-coverage

It says I can get ultrafast  1000Mbps down and  220 up

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 144 of 201

Go to solution
Look like mine hasnt been upgraded yet but I will keep trying to call them as soon as I can get through maybe I can place an interest in ordering or ask to see how much it would cost if at all possible to have it upgraded my max speed I have now is 330 down and 50 up as I live near my exchange 2014 my fibre got installed
0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 145 of 201

Go to solution

Glad you got it sorted Jmmrly01.

I dont really want to call up and hog the lines explaining this for the millionth time when there could be vulnerable customers without any service trying to get through which is why I was trying to sort via their online moderated forums.

@SeanD you already know an OpenReach engineer visit is not required so your comment isn’t helpful. The issue is down to the ISP not OpenReach, if you were not able to get any service then yes you would need an OpenReach visit to look into the equipment. If you’re able to get service showing up to 1GB on OpenReach’s network as I have already explained to you and showed you the email from OpenReach it is then down to the ISP, i.e. BT.

As we have said before multiple people have the same problem so its down to your systems not individual addresses or engineer visits...

0 Ratings
scotty026
Contributor
Message 146 of 201

Go to solution

Still no joy with BT, phoned and they said my house is on the default list as a maximum speed of 350/50 - the bt agent has raised an investigation with the engineers regarding the speed availability for your address even though my full street can get Full fibre 900

exchange states full FTTP speeds 

fingers cross this works for myself

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 147 of 201

Go to solution

Still no update ? @SeanD  this has been going on since March, it’s now June

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 148 of 201

Go to solution

Hi @JA407,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and that you still cannot place an order.  

After our initial attempt failed to get an order placed on your account the product team was investigating your account specifically to find out what is preventing us from placing an order.  I have asked for an update and as soon as I have more info I will give you a shout.

I am so sorry that you have not been able to place an order.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 149 of 201

Go to solution

We called bt up today one person saying we can order 900 meg and one saying we can only get the max speed of 330 what we already have they are waiting to hear back from bt engineer I think as they told us our fibre lines and connection are different where I live ?

0 Ratings
pjw29
Beginner
Message 150 of 201

Go to solution

@SeanDI seem to have a strange issue with mu attempts to upgrade online, and I am not keen on hogging the phone lines to order an upgrade. For some reason on the BT website, and the openReach line checkers, if I use my postcode and my full address it states I can get the full 1000/220 speeds and i have the equipment in my house already for Fibre 250, so I should be fine to upgrade to Full Fibre 900. If I go through the website I have no personalised offers. I think the issue  is something to do with checking against my phone number rather than my address. If I check against the phone number on the Openreach checker things - it doesnt work. If I try and place an order for Full Fibre 900 from the site and say i have an exisitng landline, it fails and says I can only have the exisitng plan i have, or with WiFi complete or what-have-you. When i take the landline off before it checks, it works and offers me Full Fibre 900.

Any ideas what may be happening? Anything i can do to get the personalised offers online working?

0 Ratings