Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 151 of 201

Re: Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

I've been looking around at the offers, I'm a new customer. I'd like to order the 500/900 packages but I'm not able to. 

The BT website says "Full Fibre isn’t available where you live just yet" despite having FTTP installed to my house with an ONT box. I'm being offered Fibre 250 for the same price as what I'd get for the 500. I'm even willing to pay that little bit more for the 900. I don't want to sign up knowing I could have got the 500 if it all gets sorted out. I was under the impression it's a remote switch on and they send you the hub through the post. 

The openreach website says I can get speeds up to 1gb but when I use the https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/ it says I can only get 330??

Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 20.33.50.png

Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 20.32.42.png

I've tried speaking to online chat, sales team on the phone and I'm told so many different things I've lost track. For example, I need an engineer visit even for Fibre 250 so I can't get that. 300mb is the fastest I can get despite openreach saying different. I need FTTP installed even though I have it installed?? I can have FTTC but not FTTP. 

I really want to order but I want to get the right package for the right price, I don't want to order a lower package if I can get a higher one for the same price. If anyone can help I'd be most grateful! 

My ONT:

image0.jpeg

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 152 of 201

Go to solution

yep Stins, pretty much the same story for everyone and BT havnt had a clue since March. I was in the same boat, got told to sign up to a package then once you have the modem installed it would be easier to ‘flick’ a switch to upgrade where I would have 14 days to cancel.

Was then told I would not pay more than a new customer and that they would to take into account the issues with the Full Fibre packages where I would still get them at £49.99 and £59.99. 

4 months later still nothing but at least some service is better than no service. Just hoping they will keep their word once they figure out what’s wrong with their systems.

stephen1982
Contributor
Message 153 of 201

Go to solution

I have the same issue it tells me on the open reach site that I am on a full fibre line that I can get speeds of up to 1gig but max speed I get now is only 330 down and 50 up hopefully I hear back from bt today as they said they will call back within 74 hours as they need to get a hold of an engineer surely if we have full fibre line installed we should be able to get the max speeds showing on the open reach site ?bt told us our fibre lines where I live is different and need the engineer to find out what speeds we can get hopefully find out later if not might see how much it would cost to get my speed upgraded for a install fee but hopefully just need a engineer to go to the exchange

Stins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 154 of 201

Go to solution

Did you hear back @stephen1982 ?

Did you call the Fibre team to get them to look into your issue? 

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 155 of 201

Go to solution

Got to Wait for  them to call back today sometime hopefully if I dont hear from them today will call them back on Saturday or monday

Stins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 156 of 201

Go to solution

Do you have to be in a certain city/area to get it? Could this be the issue for me? Just read up on article it is only available in certain cities.. I thought it was available to all who had the ability to get it... 🤔

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 157 of 201

Go to solution

It should be a available I am not even in a city and live in a small fishing town but we do have a lot buisness around here I still havnt heard back from bt yet if not will have to call them backshouldnt take that long as I know someone who lives near me and is a bt open reach engineer if I had the choice I would go with another company but we are stuck with bt in  most parts of  cornwall

Stins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 201

Go to solution

Ok let me know how you get on @stephen1982. I've tried again with the Fibre team today and they're saying 300 is max and that's it. 

0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 159 of 201

Go to solution
will do i am still waiting to here back from them it really does take them awhile to get back to customers when they said they will call back in 74 hours
0 Ratings
stephen1982
Contributor
Message 160 of 201

Go to solution

Here is the speed I get now one bt employee said we couldnt even get that 😂

Date of test: 05/06/2020 23:55:37
Response Time: 13ms
Download Speed: 308.5Mbps
Upload Speed: 48.8Mbps

normally get around 310 to 330 most days if no one else is online