Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotty026
Contributor
Message 161 of 201

Re: Cannot upgrade online to Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

Still nothing from BT for me, phoned and asked about packages and still 250 fibre. 

rather frustrating as the BT system is out of date and needs updated, I feel as a long term BT customer I'm not getting the full service. 

Shame on you BT 

0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 162 of 201

Go to solution

So after almost a month of chasing weekly, being continually told they're working on getting me fibre 900 and 'in the next few days we'll get an order put in'.. i've just been told that my max is my current of fibre 250. I'm annoyed and I give up!

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 163 of 201

Go to solution

This thread started in March, it’s still not been fixed - goes to show you the extent of support with BT.

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 164 of 201

Go to solution

Still no update nearing the end of June?! This is a disgraceful and how can you continue to ignore this thread @SeanD @DanielS 

0 Ratings
Caper
Contributor
Message 165 of 201

Go to solution

@JA407  I'm still waiting to hear back, there is no real urgency it seems to help customers get what they want.

Computer said I could get 500Mbps and that's what I got (seeing as I already had the 300 and 500 is the new 300 this is not exactly brain surgery).

Disappointing all round.  Certainly not something that gives me cause to stick with BT next time contract renewal comes round in the despicable 2 year cycle they have now introduced.

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 166 of 201

Go to solution

OpenReach clearly showing I can get 1GB speeds but not showing on the BT side of things, however they cant explain why.  

Only showing for transparency but sounds like nobody knows how to fix the problem even many months later and considering BT could make a lot more money here with everyone unable to purchase their top tier broadband.

Anyone know what the process is like to cancel a contract with BT since they cant deliver? Wonder if any other providers on OpenReach's network will supply the 1GB connection by now. I can imagine trying to cancel will BT would be another nightmare. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 167 of 201

Go to solution

Doubt you'd be easily able to cancel under "failure to deliver" as they've not sold you full fibre 900 in your contract

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 168 of 201

Go to solution

True, an engineer on the phone told me to sign up to the service then upgrade to the full speed but I missed the 14 day cancellation period in hope that it would be fixed.

It’s my own fault for trusting BT...

0 Ratings
JA407
Contributor
Message 169 of 201

Go to solution

Just as an update - it's like a miracle, my issue with upgrading to Full Fibre 900 has finally been resolved - Hurrah! A rather dedicated moderator stuck through all of my complaining and moaning and has been able to place an order for me upgrading my package tomorrow! As an added bonus at a great price  🎉

On the surface it sounds like quite an easy flick of a switch to upgrade if your line shows it will support 1GB with Open Reach however it's rather complex behind the scenes on BT's FTTP end. 

I believe an investigation is on the way so stay with it if you're still struggling to get 500/900MB! I'm sure they'll manage to sort it. BIG thank you to the moderator that helped me get this finally sorted 😁

DavidM
Message 170 of 201

Go to solution

Great to hear you got a results there @JA407. Thanks for letting us know you're sorted.

Cheers

David