cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terryhoward18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Capacity Issues

After 18 months of unstable and unreliable broadband, I’ve been given 2 cease and reprovides, however, following the 2nd reprovide, I’ve just received a call that there’s and capacity issue and they are unable to process my order.

It’s going to be another 5 working days before BT get an answer in regard to how long it’s going to take to be able to be ported into the cabinet.

Does anyone know how long this is likely to take, I’ve read that it could be months. 

Is this accurate? 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Capacity Issues

To be quite frank, yes months could be an accurate prediction. As soon as a cease/reprovide order  is placed then the port you were on will be given to the next request from an ISP. As there is a delay in the cease order before the reprovide then the prot will be lost.

Don't blame the ISP nor Openreach, it is OFCOM who made it so.

Live long and prosper.😁

You can check if you cabinet has capacity issues by entering you number HERE, if it states waiting list then there is a capacity issue. Keep checing and as soon as it states available get  on the phone to get it sorted.

0 Ratings
terryhoward18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

What’s my options then?

Wait without internet (whilst working from home) and rely on hotspotting from phones as the wireless mini hub gives less than a mbps and 0 upload.

I’m paying £50 a month for no service, my wife’s topping up her phone, we’re paying for subscriptions that we can’t use, if we cancel them we lose our discounts.

I’m at a total loss… 

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

If it’s a Capacity Issue then it might need a new DSLAM Card as well as new Tie Pairs between the DSLAM and PCP.

Unfortunately not a quick easy job, especially during the summer months.

Your best bet would be to keep checking for availability every other day or even everyday because someone might cease their service and a port become free.

Theres apparently a ‘Waiting List’ but I’ve never once had confirmation one actually exists. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

If you've checked on the link I've given to and there is a waiting list stated then I would get onto supprt and demand a 4G router to give you a service until it is sorted.

As regards your £50 contract fee that should be credited until service is resumed.

I would expect a mod to look in on this for you.

0 Ratings
terryhoward18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

You couldn’t make this up, this has been one of the worst experiences of service I’ve ever encountered, is BBC Watchdog still going.

It’s saying that the checker is unavailable at this time.

I can’t keep calling and wasting more of my life on the phone to BT. 

Someone needs to take accountability for this problem which has been going going on for 18 months. (BT/Openreach/BT Wholesale). 

As a tax payer, where has all the investment gone into the infrastructure and maintenance of the lines, we’re currently on 50+ old equipment that has an expiry date of about 15 years.

It’s been a plaster over a gaping wound since we’ve moved in. 

0 Ratings
terryhoward18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

The 4g mini hub doesn’t work out here as it’s EE (who are definitely not the best network for coverage, trust me), I’ve had to pay £10 a month for a contingency device for a year now, as the internet was unreliable.

with everything on teams and zoom these days 40gig doesn’t last that long.

My wife’s had to pay for more data and up her data plan, we can’t watch TV as we don’t get enough download speed.

morale of the story is, don’t buy a house in the country of a rural market town 

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 8 of 16

Hi @terryhoward18,

Thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry your activation has been delayed by a capacity issue.

Looking at your previous thread Here you mentioned that your were dealing with the Executive Team. Is this still the case? 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
terryhoward18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Yes, this is correct, but they’re as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I’ve been redirected to them twice before this, and they’re very quick to close the complaint before it’s actually rectified.

This time it’s been one thing after another. 
Couldn’t find the engineers notes
Cant complete a cease and reprovide with the correct procedures 

rebuilding the profile wrong

now a capacity issue. It’s a joke. 

0 Ratings
terryhoward18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

@PaddyB with https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

not working, could this be an issue with the database rather than being a ‘true’ capacity issue?

0 Ratings