Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doreen2
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Cashback not tracked and struggling with BT customer support

Go to solution

Hi,

I recently switched to BT superfast fibre broadband as a topcashback deal (£110 cashback plus the £100 reward card) made it work out as the best option. However, despite doing my usual topcashback routine (seperate browser, clicking directly from the TCB website etc), the cashback didn't show as tracked. I assumed it maybe would start showing once the actual switch date occured but it didn't. I then raised the issue with topcashback.co.uk and they got a response saying:

"Regrettably, your claim has been declined. The network agency has not identified ourselves as the last referral for your transaction."

Topcashback was the last referral for the transaction (I've never had a problem before), they even have a record of me visiting their site immediately prior to ordering. 

My online ref code for BT began with VOL, so from my reading this isn't one of the problematic codes.

To make matters worse, when I've tried engaging BT customer care services, they keep thinking I'm talking about the rewards card or have no idea what topcashback.co.uk is. I've had an email telling me simply there is no cashback deal (simply untrue, but I pressume the weren't sure what I was talking about!), then when I tried the online chat, the first time they cut off the chat in the middle of the conversation when they got confused, and the second time they gave me the link for the rewards card. It's very frustrating! I'm not sure who I raise my complaint/issue with (that will know what I'm talking about)- who do I go to?

I was planning on taking out a mobile sim deal with BT, but the deal is again via topcashback so this experience is really putting me off- it's a lot of money to lose out on, and it wouldn't have made financial sense for me to have gone with the bt fibre broadband deal if I'd known I wasn't going to get the cashback Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cashback not tracked and struggling with BT customer support

Go to solution

Hi Doreen2

Welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having problems with claiming back this cashback offer. I will be happy to have this investigated for you.

Please send us in your details by filling out the 'Contact the Mods' link in my profile you will find it in the section About Me.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Doreen2
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you so much! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Doreen2

You're welcome, it can take a few days for us to get back to you, but either myself or another Forum Moderator will pick up your case and deal until resolution.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Doreen2,

Thank you for sending in your details. I've passed on your details to my colleagues in the Promotions Team and I've asked them to investigated.

I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Doreen2
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Great, thanks again for all your help!

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Doreen2,

Thank you for taking my call today. The promotions team have got back to me to say that they've checked your order and you should receive your cashback in the next 45 days.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Doreen2
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks again! Your customer service has been superb! (and I used to work in customer service! Smiley Very Happy )

0 Ratings