cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 1 of 55

Catastrophic Customer Service - can anyone help me?

Go to solution

Having lost all hope with BT call centres, I'm posting here in the hope that someone can help.

The story is:

1. On Nov 25th I ordered 2 landlines and 1 x Broadband from BT, taking over from my previous provider.  Because one number is a work line, I refused to commit to the contract until I had a guarantee that I would not lose my work phone number.  This guarantee was provided, so I placed the order.  I was given a switchover date of 9th Dec.
  2. On 2nd Dec, my broadband stopped working and my work phone line went dead but my other line still worked.
  3. On the same day I phoned BT (1 hour call) and was told there had been a mistake and my order for broadband and the 2nd line had been accidentally cancelled.  The order was placed again and I was given a new connection date of 23rd Dec.  However, I was assured that this would be expedited and I would have my workline reconnected on Mon 5th with broadband on Tue 6th.
  4. On Wed 7th nothing had changed, so I called back (40 min call).  I was told there was no record of my previous conversation but that my phone and broadband would be reconnected on 12th & 13th Dec respectively.  And that someone would call me on Mon 12th to check everything was OK.  They didn't call.
  5. On Friday 16th, still nothing had happened so I called back (30 min call).  I had an identical conversation, and was told I would be reconnected on 19th & 20th Dec and that someone would call me on 19th.  They didn't.
  6. On 19th December I received a letter saying "We're sorry you're leaving BT" and asking me to pay a final bill.

I have now gone for 2 weeks without Broadband and my work phone line.  No one from BT has done what they said they would do.  I can't face spending another 30-40 minutes on the phone to another person to have the same conversation again with no outcome.  Oh.... and I'm a vicar so this is my busiest fortnight of the whole year.

The call centre doesn't seem able to resolve my issues.  Has anyone discovered any other way of getting themselves connected?  I'm beginning to wonder whether anything will ever happen.

Any help gratefully received...

Dave

0 Ratings
54 REPLIES 54
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 55

Re: Catastrophic Customer Service - can anyone help me?

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

I assume that both of these are residential lines, or is one or both,  a business line

0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 3 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks very much for your help Keith!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 55

Go to solution

Did you see my edited post regarding residential or business, as its very important, as a moderator cannot help with business lines.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 55

Go to solution

Hi @DavidBull,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your orders. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 6 of 55

Go to solution

Thank you - yes they are both residential lines...

Keith

0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 7 of 55

Go to solution

Thank you - yes I will

0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 8 of 55

Go to solution
Dear Paddy,

It is now 3 working days since I posted on the forum and nothing has been done to fix my broadband or to restore my lost phone number. On the 23rd a second line was connected but it has a new number when you promised to retain my old one.

It is now 3 weeks and 4 days since BT accidentally disconnected my broadband. PLEASE PLEASE can someone take responsibility for getting this fixed? Please can you contact me by 10am tomorrow (28th) to let me know what is being done?

Many thanks,

Dave
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 55

Go to solution

When a moderator offesr to help and you complete the form on the link they posted, this places you in their work stack which is dealt with on a first come first served basis.

They normally aim to get back to you in two working days but unfortunately with the Christmas holidays this will obviously be taking longer.

They will get back to you when your request reaches the top of their work stack and hopefully they will resolve your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 55

Go to solution

Hi @DavidBull,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can see @JohnC2 is dealing with this and is due to call you later today. 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings