cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louloup20
Message 1 of 3

Chances of cancelling - slim to none

Go to solution

So I am a technophobe, my neice has just set me up on this forum and when I booked BT Sport on-line with the advice from a custmer service rep I inadvertantly chose the 12 month contract, even though this was the last thing I wanted. Yes I am stupid for not knowing the difference, however with my husband becoming ill and not interested in the television I didn't expect a £94 charge to cancel something he has watched twice since August. The customer service was awful, I was left in silence for minutes on end with no-one speaking and when I asked if they were there he answered yes but he did not have any solution for me. A manager was called and the only way I could reduce my payements was to renew for ANOTHER 12 MONTHS at a lower price. So they got what they wanted, more money out of a woman who has a sick husband, a 1 year old and the only earner.  I know a lot of people would say this is my fault and I accept responsibility but some compassion and a little sensitivity when it comes to customer service would be nice.  Well done BT, you have trained your staff well.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Chances of cancelling - slim to none

Go to solution
Forum Moderators help requested for this post
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Chances of cancelling - slim to none

Go to solution

Hi Louloup20,

When placing an order online, a summary of the order is always provided along with the terms and conditions for that order. Before submitting that order, you would have to tick a box that asks you to confirm that, you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of that order. Once the order has been submitted BT would have the realistic expectation that the terms of the order will be fulfilled. Unfortunately this means that a cancellation charge would apply if you cancel while still under contract.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings