Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Change calling plan without a new contract

Go to solution

Where on my online account do I find the option to change my calling plan without committing to a new contract?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Change calling plan without a new contract

Go to solution

If your broadband & calling plan are not bundled together & your calling plan is an add on then changing it doesn't affect the contract so it should be managable under the add on's section in the landline details area

Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
That’s what I would have thought but a BT advisor said changing the add on calling plan would most likely result in being put on a new contract. Another reply on the Community advised there is an option to change the calling plan without a new contract - I’d like to know if that option appears when you go into manage my add ons and make an order for a different calling plan. Any answers would be gratefully received please.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Just had a look there, once logged into my bt if you go into your products there should then be an option to click on manage under landline

0 Ratings
Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks garybs29, yes I have seen that & was just about to change from Anytime to Anytime 700 but thought I’d check with a telephone advisor. He sought advice from a colleague who told me that it would automatically put me on a new 24 month contract. I’m wondering if that advice was not correct? If I call again I could be on hold in a queue for another 45 mins.  If anyone can confirm this one way or the other I would be very grateful please.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Like i said earlier if it is an add on changing it won't start a new contract

0 Ratings
Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Just received a call from BT re. the less than positive text feedback I gave following the advice I was initially given by a BT advisor. Apparently although my Anytime calling plan is an add-on, BT changed things a few months ago which means that if I change to one of the new calling plans, eg Anytime 700, it would definitely kick start a new 24 month contract - confirmed. So I will be cancelling Anytime before the £4.50 increase starts on 1st Sept, which will put me on pay-as-go until my contract ends a couple of months later when I will look to move to another provider.