cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonym4
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Change new address from silver to gold

Hi, I'm due to move into a newly built house and the new address appears on the Post Office Post Code Finder but BT tell me its a Silver address and they can't quote me for FTTP until it becomes a Gold address.

After a bit of research it looks like an ORD document needs to be filled in and can be done by BT. 

If this is this the case where do I go to get this ORD document completed?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Change new address from silver to gold

if new build with FTTP have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM and see if they can help - need serial number from ONT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tonym4
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi imjolly

Thanks for your quick reply and info.

I just rang the normal BT number. 

Forgive me for being a bit thick but I don't have a serial number and I don't know what a ONT is.

Could you clarify please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
tonym4
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

I've performed a Post Code check with EE and the new address is visable.

Why can't I see it on BT?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

if you have FTTP then you have an ONT something like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

just phone the number I posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tonym4
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Thanks imjolly will do

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

The Openreach database is based on phone line routing, however as you are moving to a new build there will be no phone lines only Fibre lines.

The ONT (like pic @imjolly ) posted will have it's serial number registered in the FTTP database, that's why it's handy to have the serial number to hand if the FTTP team can't match your address.

FYI it is not an ORD nor is it a document. It is an ORDI (Openreach Database Integrity) request issued by the supplying  ISP to Openreach.

0 Ratings
tonym4
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Thanks for the info that's really useful.

I am not an existing broadband customer so I don't have an ONT, would this make a difference?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

It shouldn't if the developer registered with Openreach for FTTP to be installed. The FTTP team should be able to help you. Just ring them on the number @imjolly  has given you.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

If new built then you will/should find the ONT is already installed by openeeach. May be in a cupboard. You need to look around

0 Ratings