cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bulldog_girl
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Changed from BT to Talk Talk after my contract ended, then received a bill for over £100

I changed from BT to Talk Talk when my contract ended as it was due to increase in price. I then received a bill for over £100 from BT, who when contacted said Talk Talk had not informed them of the change over. I used no services from BT after I left (fibre broadband and phone).

The bill has now been passed to Moorcroft Debt Recovery, charges added, who are insisting the money is owed. The acount with BT is now closed. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DanielS
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changed from BT to Talk Talk after my contract ended, then received a bill for over £100

Hi @bulldog_girl,

I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you. Do you have any proof from TalkTalk that the move happened? A bill? Did they takeover your service or did they set up a new line into the house?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
bulldog_girl
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: Changed from BT to Talk Talk after my contract ended, then received a bill for over £100

Yes we have both bills from BT and Talk Talk covering the same months. Talk Talk took over the service.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 6

Thank you @bulldog_girl.

I think it would be best if we took a look into this for you to see if we can help.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@bulldog_girlwrote:
Yes we have both bills from BT and Talk Talk covering the same months. Talk Talk took over the service.

Hi.

This is so easy for BT to check, not least your phone number - a quick check of the exchange data will show the number has been ported. With regard broadband, if you've got a TT router, then this will only work with TT. If you've still got a BT router, this will only work with a BT broadband connection.

DanielS
Message 6 of 6

Hi @bulldog_girl,

I called you using the mobile number on your email but it cuts off. Can you send me a private message with a contact number for you please? Also, let me know the date that you moved to TalkTalk as the date on our systems here seems to be correct. I will need more information from you to do my best to solve it for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings