cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc82
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Changed to 18 month contract? good deal?

hello,

I phoned bt because i wanted to remove "my anytime calls" from my bill as i did not think it was value for money. Any way instead of just getting on with the job the customer sevice operator goes thorugh the whole bill from top to bottom, until your so confused you just agree in the end.

I was on a 12 month contract with BB+unlimited weekend calls £47.49 per month (plus the recently added "My Anytime Calls" £7.99 per month, which i did not even ask for)

Now im on a 18 month contract with BB+unlimited weekend calls £45.49 (£47.49 after 18 months.)

Is this a good deal? the operator confused the hell out of me. and why do they want me on the 18 month contract?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
TALON1973
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changed to 18 month contract? good deal?

Are you using the  youview box ? 

0 Ratings
marc82
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

No, I just have the BB, line rental, and calls.

which is why I wanted the "my Anytime Calls" removed. Also because of the CPI that bt will introduce in march for new contracts/customers, would I have been better overall to stay on the 12month contract. and had no price( including cpi) until march 2021?

0 Ratings
TALON1973
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Well I’m on the max 4K package. Which has fast fibre 2 . I’ve not got anytime calls tho , as wont be using the phone. Paying £59.99

0 Ratings
marc82
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

lucky you, there's no fibre in my area (just outside central London), so I have copper BB at 8-10mb speed.

0 Ratings
TALON1973
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

How on earth is your connection that bad just outside London? I’m in a town in Wales . Had fast fibre a good few years now.

id be asking for a discount with that speed. 

0 Ratings