Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: Changed to infinity price hiked!

Go to solution

If from month 1 your payments were more than the monthly cost, surely you would have paid for the first quarter by the time you got the bill. But you seem to be saying that they want you to pay this again. Does this mean that you didn't actually make any payments for 3 months? If not I'm lost.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

I ordered in December with activation in middle of January (12th) and paid £120 line rental in advance - I added the £40 delivery + £6 activation to my bill and was told for the 1st 3 months I would pay £40.50 pm as my BB was reduced. I got my 1st bill on 13th January for 3 months rental in advance (Jan 12- Apr 12) which said I was £158 in debit (this included the £46 one-off fees) - I knew after the 3 months the price was to go up and I would see a slight increase for the one-off charges - I got my next bill Apr for Apr 12 - Jul 12 which says I was in £174 in debit (£36 from previous bill (£158-£122) and £10 activation for ESPN) - In Jul I got my bill for Jul 12 - Oct 12 which says £134 in debit (£7 credit from previous bill (£174-£181) this includes approx £12 of incorrect call charges.

I paid £40.50 in Feb,Mar,Apr as BT set the 1st payment to come from my account on the 1st of February and since May it has been £60.50 and been told will have to pay this for at least 9 months before I can go to the payment of £47.50 per month (package £42.40 was £37.50 for 1st 3 months).

Even if I pay for the one-off fees at once I've been told I still need to keep paying high until I have enough credit to pay for the next bill in advance because of the way the monthly plan works.

The only way to get back to £47.50 a month is to pay the full bill and continue to pay monthly payment so when the next bill arrives for the following 3 months it says £0 balance.

So based on this information in reality BT require you to pay for 1st bill immediately and then pay the monthly payment to prevent your payment increasing by 50%-100%. They are not basing it on your previous 3 months usage as if they were then my payment now should be approx £43

I've now just gone onto the account to look at changing the pricing and previously it wouldn't allow me or the mod to change this, but it is giving me the recommended payment of £47.50 which I wanted to reduce it to in the first place. I will wait and see if my account automatically updates to this payment figure when my bill produced for next month

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks, I've got the point now. I've studied by bill more closely and realise that somewhere during the long time I've been paying by DD I must have caught up and forgotten it. The result is that I've come to regard the monthly payments as applicable to the current quarter when in fact they are for the next one; as you say, that's what produces a roughly zero balance. Apologies for the confusion - I'm a whole lot older than when my payments started!

The blurb indicates that allowable debts will be given 6 months to catch up at the outset but doesn't indicate how much is allowable. I agree that it could be clearer. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

Thanks, I've got the point now. I've studied by bill more closely and realise that somewhere during the long time I've been paying by DD I must have caught up and forgotten it. The result is that I've come to regard the monthly payments as applicable to the current quarter when in fact they are for the next one; as you say, that's what produces a roughly zero balance. Apologies for the confusion - I'm a whole lot older than when my payments started!

The blurb indicates that allowable debts will be given 6 months to catch up at the outset but doesn't indicate how much is allowable. I agree that it could be clearer. 

No worries, it's totally confusing and why a lot of people complain that their monthly fee has gone up as BT don't explain it correctly when they join

0 Ratings
smith9891
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Well - my initial self congratualtions on the helpfulness of the online chat person sorting out my payments was a bit previous.

Just come back off holiday to find out the DD amount taken out had not been altered as per the agreeement i made with them.

Why are BT surprised at the way people think of them when it appears at almost every opportunity to annoy people they succeed. If there was ANY other company that offered this service thenI would take them up on it even if i had to pay a disconnection fee!

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@smith9891 wrote:

Well - my initial self congratualtions on the helpfulness of the online chat person sorting out my payments was a bit previous.

Just come back off holiday to find out the DD amount taken out had not been altered as per the agreeement i made with them.

Why are BT surprised at the way people think of them when it appears at almost every opportunity to annoy people they succeed. If there was ANY other company that offered this service thenI would take them up on it even if i had to pay a disconnection fee!

Try changing it via your online account and if won't let you, then ring them up again and then check it online afterwards - mine was ammended at the weekend after i tried to do it online and had to ring to get it done.

0 Ratings