cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natswright
Message 1 of 8

Changing Account holders name after legal name change

Hi All,

I legaly changed my name recently and I've searched the forums here, to no avail, looking for advice as to how I change the name on my Bills and Account.

I have been able to log into my online account and update my details there, but bills still have my old name on them.

The reason behind the name change if that i've transitioned from male to female (transgender). I wanted to do the name change with BT by letter or online if possible, as I hate, with a passion, calling BT's awful call centers.

I've read stories of having my line disconneced and reconnected, just for a simple name change. I wish to avoid this after the last mess BT made connecting me when I moved house 3 years ago and they took 6 months to sort my line out!!

If anyone could help i'd be most greatful.

Natalie

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Changing Account holders name after legal name change

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @natswright,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to help you change the name on your BT account. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
natswright
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, will do shortly, out at the moment! 🙂

0 Ratings
MrsHigham
Message 5 of 8

Hello, I have the same problem as the op, calling customer services brought no result, app updated but the correspondence still comes addressed to my maiden name, was told to call 150 bit the number doesn't seem to exist. I don't see "contact the mods" on your profile - I'm on mobile only, please help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@MrsHigham 

try 0800800150 from your mobile

mod contact is invite only

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MrsHigham
Message 7 of 8

That is the first thing I have done, spoke to three customer advisors. All spoke to me as if they hated being at their job. One said he can't do it but didn't give me a solution how to do it, other said it is not possible, third said to call 150, the number doesn't exist.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Speak with the billing team, they are the only team that do this.

0 Ratings