cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Changing Account holders name and is all my contracts reanalysed up for renewal

Sorry if this question has been asked before.
Just noticed that I had an email from BT last week as I don't use my BT emails much saying all my BT contracts would be up for renewal and I'm surprised as I thought Now TV had to be for a min of 24 months and I only moved from Entertainment Max HD to Now TV Big Entertainment with HD add on at the end of Feb last year.

I also have BT fibre 2 and Halo.

Would I now be able to change the name of the BT account from dads name who now don't always keep very well in to my name as it me that pays the bill anyway.

Would changing account to my name also mean I would need to sign up for new BT contracts for email also says the Now TV package that I'm on is now £22 that's not including the HD add on that I also have. As the now I'm paying £25 for Now TV Big Entertainment that includes the HD add on.

Offer on email says I can get complete wifi with Halo 2 the same price as I'm paying the the now £57.99 but I don't want complete wifi as I told them just under a year ago when I renewed all my BT contracts.

Im again off work and on the furlough scheme but my work has agreed to pay  15% of my wages with the furlough scheme paying 80%.

I have been mostly happy with BT and we have been with them for almost everything since the 90s and have had phone with BT as long as I can remember but now find under current circumstances £57.99 a month for fibre broadband is a little dear even though I can just about afford to pay it but have other bills as well but need the fibre and over 60mb speeds as I use the fibre broadband lot of TV and streaming services plus different things that connect via wifi.

Darren

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Changing Account holders name and is all my contracts reanalysed up for renewal

you cannot change/take over another account into your name.  to get account in your name you need to cancel existing account and start a new account as a new customer.  if your father's account is due to renew shortly that would be ideal time to cancel without cancellation fees

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Changing Account holders name and is all my contracts reanalysed up for renewal

@neywrote:

I thought Now TV had to be for a min of 24 months and I only moved from Entertainment Max HD to Now TV Big Entertainment with HD add on at the end of Feb last year.

NowTV is a 24 month minimum term, your broadband would of also renewed for 24 months, which means you still have 1 year remaining.

0 Ratings