Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankyH
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Changing Direct Debit

Go to solution

Hi, first I'dlike to give a brief background summary. My wife has had a phone package with BT for over 20 years. I've had a broadband account with a different supplier for a long time. Have finally decided to join the two together and are having BT Infinity installed on the 27th December. We decided to keep the account in my wife's name so we could keep the same phone number. Last weekend we changed payment from monthly to Whole Bill direct Debit without any issues. We decided that I would be responslble for the payment of the Bill. This is where the problem started, I first tried to change Direct Debit details online last Saturday. Initially it looked like it had worked because we checked into My BT and the details had changed. Sunday we received an Email confirming that the DD was being changed into my wife's  name which is the opposite of what we were trying to do. I phoned 150 and was told that the DD was still in my wife's name and that they would change it for me and that I would receive a confirmation Email shortly. Waited till yesterday but no Email so decided to phonre again. Was told it hadn't been changed and the gentleman at the call centre in Scotland would change it and he assured me it was changed and that I would get an Email within 2 hours. Still no Email and I don't know whether it's been changed or not. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be happening or who I can contact to find out. Thank You in advance

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Changing Direct Debit

Go to solution

Hi @FrankyH,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had in changing your Direct Debit details. If you send me in your details I'll make sure this has been done correctly.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @FrankyH I called there but missed you, I've checked the account info and can confirm the direct debit is in your name. I hope that's OK?

FrankyH
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks to both paddyb and neilo for their prompt replies. Just another  quick question, how long before the DD change shows on My BT? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@FrankyH I didn't have to make any changes as it was already showing in your name on my systems. Is it still showing incorrectly in MY BT?

0 Ratings
FrankyH
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi NeilO, yes, under payment method in My BT it's still showing inmy wife's name

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@FrankyH I've raised that with the BT.com faults team as it is definitely correct on the account and should have updated in the My BT details by now. As soon as they update me I'll get back in touch.

0 Ratings
FrankyH
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

NeilO, I waited until the monthly payment wasdue before getting back in touch. The matter doesn't seem to have been resolved as the money was taken from my wife's account. Would it be possible for you to look into this for me please?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @FrankyH

@NeilO isn't in the office today.  He is back tomorrow and I'll ask him to look at this for you again then.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
FrankyH
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi RobbieMac,

Thank you for your swift reply

0 Ratings