Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBelfast04
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Changing Engineer appointment to a date before my equipment arrives

Go to solution

Im due to have BT broadband activated next week and an engineer is coming out on the 30th.  There are some slots open for earlier appointments but my broadband equipment is suppose to arrive on the 28th.  Is there any problem if I got the engineer out before the equipment gets here?  I know how to set the hub up and everything already 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing Engineer appointment to a date before my equipment arrives

Go to solution

@ChrisBelfast04 

I would advise against making any changes to an existing appointment slot, as there will be other linked activities which may fail if you do, and you may end up with the order failing.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

What kind of Broadband is it, FTTP?

If so I’d be wary of BT Consumer allowing you to amend the Installation Appointment.

FTTP goes through this thing called a Flow Process, it’s mostly automated and certain things trigger on set dates/times. Had it before where BT brought the appointment forward by 3 weeks but the Flow Process with Openreach/Wholesale wasn’t changed so even though we installed the ONT and tried in vain to get the Flow Process expedited we couldn’t so the customer ended up having to still wait until the original date he was given.

ChrisBelfast04
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yeah FFTP.  

No problem just going to keep original dates etc.  Thanks for the advice

0 Ratings