Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mmckeon99
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Changing a simple error on my Account Name

Go to solution

I have had a BT Account since moving in to my house in 2005 and connecting a landline.  A simple error was made on setup where the team member setting it up spelt my name as MICHEAL instead of MICHAEL. 

Every time I contact BT for any reason, I attempt to get this changed and every time I am told that I would have to close my account and setup a new one, which of course is completely impractical as I am in contract for my broadband.

Can anyone use some common sense and make this change?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing a simple error on my Account Name

Go to solution

If it only the BT account name I would imagine that it should be able to be corrected without having to start a new contract/account.

If you use your name as your email address, without giving the email address is it spelt correctly because that would be more of a problem to you to correct it?

In any event I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

changing an account name is not normally done hence why you have asked numerous times and got nowhere  See if forum mods can help with what seems a trivial change but in BT system terms may not be   mods will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @mmckeon99 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you've had getting your name changed on your account.  As it is to do with a spelling mistake then there is no need to set up a new account so I apologise for the conflicting info you received.

We'll pick this up and when we give you a shout we will need to go through some security questions before correcting the mistake.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @mmckeon99 

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us on Thursday.

Sorry that this went on for so long.  As confirmed during the chat, the spelling mistake has been corrected and everything is now as it should be 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

mmckeon99
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Thanks; seriously impressed that this forum is no active and things seem to get done!

0 Ratings