cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Changing contract end/move date & unused line rental saver question

Hi,

Yesterday I signed up for an offer of fibre broadband with a different supplier, but the installation date was incorrectly set at 6th November. My contract with BT runs until the 25th November.

BT sent me an email informing me that my move date would be the 6th November and that there would be additional charges payable as this is before the end date of my current contract.

I've just phoned the supplier to change the activation date to the 25th November. Can someone from BT help to make sure that this is reflected on BT's side of things, so that I avoid any loss of service and unnecessary charges?

I'm assuming an activation date of the 25th will mean I won't be any additional fees?

Also, I have been paid for line rental saver, which runs until the end of January 2022. Will this be refunded on my last bill? And can someone confirm the amount I will be refunded at the end of my contract?

Thanks a lot for any help anyone can give!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing contract end/move date & unused line rental saver question

It’s the provider you are joining you need to ask, if they initially picked a date that was too early for your liking, then if they cancelled that order and re-ordered for a date more to your liking , then that date is in the wholesale system that both the old and new providers use , so the date the new company picks is the date  Openreach do the work,  there is nothing for the losing provider to do, apart from when they get advised the work is complete  they calculate the final bill.

If the new company have cancelled and re ordered , then you probably will get a new letter from  BT with the new date, if you don’t get a new message, you need to check with the new company that they cancelled and reissued rather than some sort of billing date change which won’t change the physical date, just the date they start charging you from.

The final bill will generated after the changeover , any estimate before hand would just  be that, an estimate ( after all the actual date the physical work is done may drift by a small amount, depending on Openreach ) but the fact that your line rental saver and presumably your broadband account don’t align , if the broadband is 25 Nov, and the LRS is end of Jan 22 , the final bill may be full of small adjustments, debits and credits.

If you lose service  as a consequence of this date change , it’s your new provider that you would need to contact to sort it out, the losing provider has no control over the process unless you were being ‘slammed’ without your consent

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, but I'm hoping someone from BT can look into this on my account and confirm things for me.

The new supplier has changed the activation date/contract start date to the 25th of November.

I want to get confirmation from BT that they are aware, and that my service with BT will run until 25th November as opposed to 6th November.

I really don't want the service to cease early and be left without any broadband for three weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@js24 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

You would be better to call 0800 800 150 and see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@js24 what you've been advised is correct in that the transfer process is fully handled by the gaining provider but we can check the dates that this is due to happen. I'll be happy to take a look at that and will send you a private message in a few moments so you can send your details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @NeilO! Have replied to your private message now 🙂 

0 Ratings