cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Changing direct debit bank details

I pay whole bill direct debit every three months. I need to change the bank from which the DD is taken. If I use the form on the BT site to do this, how long does it take to appear in my new bank DD list? Can I be confident that the DD will happen from the new bank, and not the other, and definately not both. When I do see it in the list of DDs in my new bank can I cancel the existing (or by that time, previous) DD?

Not changed banks in 40 years!

As an aside, as there is no longer a discount for paper free billing, is it possible to reinstate paper billing?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing direct debit bank details

If you change the DD details in MyBT there's no reason why it shouldn't happen for the next payment assuming you've given enough notice, which shouldn't need to be more than a few days. As soon as you've given a DD authority to another bank it's prudent to cancel the existing one - prevention is better than cure. Having said all that, I thought that all this was done by the new bank these days.

Unless you've taken a BT product which is conditional on paper-free billing, you should be able to reinstate paper. If you can't do it in MyBT try Live Chat, who are usually more sensible than the phone helpdesk.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
reg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for that. I will try the Live Chat, though I can't see a link to it (apart from yours here) on the site itself, though clicking your link looks like it ought to be there Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

There's a link via Contact BT at the bottom of any BT web page, but it's not obvious unless you've been there before. Smiley Sad

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.