cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lw01
Message 1 of 4

Changing direct debit

I had a Wi-Fi, tv and phone contract. We moved onto a new package a year ago. We then moved housethree months ago and bt could not connect the satellite tv so we just now have the phone and Wi-Fi. And use freeview

But they are taking gbp37 extra a month. We have phoned twice which took a long time, they promise to fix it but cannot explain why they are charging so much. 

Any idea what is going on and who we speak to?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing direct debit

You will still be paying for the BT YouView box, until your minimum contract term for the service finishes, even if you are only using it as a FreeView recorder.

I assume you only have a normal broadband connection now, not a high speed one, which is why you cannot get the extra  subscription channels?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Lw01
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for responding Keith but this does not explain why they have increased our monthly charge by a third. Btw I cannot find the breakdown of the charges or the contract expiry date online and this seems non transparent to me. Can u advise me on where I can find the info?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I assume you are on a monthly payment plan?

The monthly payment plan tends to over estimate your usage.

Are you within your original contract period? If not, then you will pay more unless you re-negotiate a better deal. Remember that all charges include the line rental.

The breakdown of charges should be shown on your bill.

This BT Guide should help  https://www.bt.com/help/home/bills/explainer/#/

There are lots of reasons for an increase in MPP, which is why whole bill monthly direct debit is a better option.

You can view your contact details by following these instructions View your contract terms

0 Ratings