cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Changing email address for BT broadband account

I previously had my bills sent to my work email address but retired in November 2019. Since then I have been desperately trying to remove my old email address of from my BT broadband account. My BT account has been updated and shows two other email addresses, neither of which BT are using. I want BT to stop sending bills to my old work email address and just send them to my registered address that is shown against my account.

Last month when I received a bill I contacted BT and complained about the wrong email address and was told that the situation has been resolved - only to find it had not. This was not the first occasion I had contacted BT and I have now wasted well over 4 hours on this. I need this resolving without further delay. Clearly, BT have more than one system and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Can someone please help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Changing email address for BT broadband account

It sounds like you may already have done this but just in case it has not been updated see this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9368/~/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-that-bt-uses...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for your advice but I have already amended my email address, as you have suggested, in MyBT/ My Profile. Unfortunately, despite this, BT continue to send my bills to my old, out of date email address. I do not know what to do next.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Hi @paulmason17 Have you changed your BTID login details to the email address you want the ebill alerts to go to by following Change You BTID and claimed it as the primary account?

When you had the online account set up with the work email address was the account a business account at that time?

cheers
John   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hi John

When I look at MyBT and profile I see the email address that I expect my bills to be sent to plus the correct recovery email address. Unfortunately, the last bill was sent to the old email address I had at my previous employer and this is no listed in my profile. This was sent after I had made the previous adjustments to my profile.

I can not see where there was an option to make my email address linked to my primary account. I am wasting so much time on this and I feel it is just no longer worth the hassle of continuing with BT. So far I have spent over 5 hours on this and still do not have an answer on how to correct the situation!

Regards

Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Hi @paulmason17,

Thanks for posting. There might have been an overlap where the bill was sent to the old email while the changes were being made. If it doesn't go to the correct email next time get back to me and I'll take a look for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hi David

Further to our exchange of emails at the start of the month, I am still receiving my BT bill email to my old office email address and one was delivered today (27th).

Can you please investigate for me and ensure that in future they are sent to my @gmail.com address which is the email address I have registered in MyBT account?

Thank you for your help

Paul Mason

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

You need to remove your email addresses from this public forum. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi , How do I edit message?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

The moderator has done it for you. 

If you want to edit in future you need to click on the three dots at the top right of the message box and you will be given an option to edit. The edit option is only available for an hour after the message was posted.

0 Ratings