Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bloke666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Changing from BT Infinity 2 Unlimited to BT Infinity 2 Totally Unlimited

Go to solution

Hi

I seem to be having trouble acheiving this.

I have been on Unlimited Infinity 2 since 2012, I recently re contracted for a further 12 months in July to add BT Sport.

Unfortunately at that time I did not realize that BT had introduced the Totally Unlimited Package with no traffic management.

I get traffic shaping during peak times on download and all the time on uploads, Glasnost Traffic Shaping checker confirms this.

I spoke to someone today at the BT Infinity desk and he did a number of tests and tried to convince me there is no shaping on my connection, but I clearly know otherwise.

The BT website will not allow me to upgrade to Totally unlimited, saying I am already on the best package I can have.

According to this post http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Introducing-Totally-Unlimited-Broadband-from-BT/td-p/764984 it says We’ll not be moving over existing unlimited BT Total Broadband or Infinity customers to the new totally unlimited packages but you can request it yourself. It takes 5 days to change over and you’d be re-contracting at the same time.

So my question is, how do I acheive this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers..

Jason.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Changing from BT Infinity 2 Unlimited to BT Infinity 2 Totally Unlimited

Go to solution
try the options team. Check that renewing doesn't affect your free sky hd

options team 0800 800 030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bloke666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you for the number, I will try that tomorrow morning and post back how I get on.

0 Ratings
bloke666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry for the slow response time.

I did phone this number and after being passed from pillar to post, everyone I spoke told me I was already on the totally unlimited option and should have no traffic shaping in place.

I still do regular Glasnost tests and am still to get a clean result, uploading is throttled 24/7 and downloading is throttled at peak times, just as it always has been since I got Infinity.

Though it doesn't bother me that much, it is annoying and would like to know why I am still being throttled when I shouldn't be.

Maybe a mod could look into this for me.

Regards.

0 Ratings
bloke666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Update on my situation.

Mods contacted me by phone and explained that although I re contracted in July, my package was not changed from the original Unlimited Infinity 2 to the Totally Unlimited Infinity 2.

Sean who I spoke to was extremely helpful and said that he would get it changed to the new package which now has been done and I can report that Glasnost test now comes back all clear, no shaping at all.

So, anyone who has this problem, be nice to the mods they are worth their weight in gold and far more helpful than trying to acheive this by calling BT.

Good Luck.

Regards.

0 Ratings
robd_7
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

im having the same problems with my download rate. how do i geta mod to look into this as i dont like the sound of the outcome if i call them up!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi robd_7,

Click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fedeprave
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi robbiemac,

i have having big troubles with this as well, no one i call will let me change it, saying i am on the best package, although i now know i am not.. could oyu please contact me, many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Fedeprave

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile. You will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
MjAh
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Can I be added to the list of people that can't seem to move to totally unlimited 😞
0 Ratings