cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 47

Channels being removed from Classic Entertainment TV pack

I assume this will affect those on the legacy Max HD/4K packs at some point (perhaps a mod can confirm?), and is in line with what many of us expected:

"The following channels are being removed from this package from 1st March: Sky History, Lifetime, Crime & Investigation and Vice. From 1st April, Syfy and E! will also be removed."

Classic EntertainmentClassic Entertainment

That picture is pretty small, sorry, info taken from this page: BT TV Classic Entertainment Pack 

46 REPLIES 46
Beginner
Message 2 of 47

Re: Channels being removed from Classic Entertainment TV pack

It seems BT are trying to sideline the classic entertainment package in favour of the now TV packs.Hope I'm wrong as I only got BT TV for Eurosport .Does anyone know what the future holds for Eurosport on BT?  

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 47

Re: Channels being removed from Classic Entertainment TV pack

@Postie1994wrote:

Does anyone know what the future holds for Eurosport on BT?  

Only the channels listed by @stereohaven are to be withdrawn, nothing announced regarding Eurosport.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 47

TV Channel Changes from 28th February 2021

Hi, I got an email this morning from BT about changes to my BT TV from 28th February 2021 which will mean I will lose some channels although they have not told me what channels I will lose.  This follows quickly on the heels of the sky sport changes that were made by BT and meant that if I wanted to continue with Sky sports rain event I had to take out a new contract which I declined to do.  BT has been a complete let down after I made the decision to move from sky.  Can somebody tell me what TV channels I will be losing in February and I presume that if I want to continue watching any of the lost channels I will need to take out a new contract??

Very unhappy

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 47

Re: TV Channel Changes from 28th February 2021

Hi @Prw , not sure if there is further channels being removed in February but these channels are being removed from the Classic Entertainment Package on 1st March and 1st April which would mean they are also being removed from the legacy/old packages.

The following channels are being removed from this package from 1st March: Sky History, Lifetime, Crime & Investigation and Vice. From 1st April, Syfy and E! will also be removed.

Stew

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 47

As I said in my original message, BT has been a complete let down from I made the decision to move from Sky which in itself was a long and considered decision.  Your answer to my question is a real disappointment as Sky History is a channel which is on every day in my home.  What are my options for continuing to watch Sky History without entering in to a new contact with BT??

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 47

@Prwwrote:

As I said in my original message, BT has been a complete let down from I made the decision to move from Sky which in itself was a long and considered decision.  Your answer to my question is a real disappointment as Sky History is a channel which is on every day in my home.  What are my options for continuing to watch Sky History without entering in to a new contact with BT??

As far as Sky History is concerned, you can take a Now TV Entertainment monthly pass through Now TV and watch through the Now TV app. It would be non recordable, but no long term contract. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 47

i too had an email  ,the now tv offerings do not have the channels we want so i think it will be bye bye bt tv . have had bt tv from day 1 ,it was billed as an alternative to sky but now  they have given up on providing tv and buckled under and admitted sky is better . i dont like sky never have done.  out of curiosity i looked at the sky site and it said basic sky is £27 pm and has ALL the channels that are currently on bt  including eurosport, alibi ,E ,history 1 +2    

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 47

Losing channels

Hello I got an email From BT TV saying that more channels are being removed , does anyone know which channels they are referring to? The email doesn’t say. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 47

Yep it's a now TV entertainment package you will get. You will still be in a contract with bt.  If you use bttv  app you will only have access to amc  on that or the sport if you have that package. I signed up for a new contract as I thought I was getting  a good deal price wise. I hated it and asked them to revert back to my old package  we lost all the good channels that we watched and had a load of sky channels through the bt  box. We left sky a few years ago as it was getting  so expensive. In February  when my contract ends I will be cancelling  bt  and I'm going to just use streaming  services and free view channels. We were very happy with the bt  entertainment  package we are on but if we wanted to watch sky we would have stayed with sky. I feel  a lot of people won't be happy with this change 

0 Ratings