cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 41 of 68

Re: TV Channel Changes from 28th February 2021

Although I do like the Now TV Big Entertainment package with HD add on. BT no longer give you a channel choice.

When I first got BT TV back in 2014 it was an alternative to Sky for getting more extra channels but it not the case now.

Also BT dont seem to offer any discounts on Now TV packages like if you have Now TV direct from them.

If it was not for me being able to record the Now TV channels. I would now be thinking of maybe looking elsewhere for my Fibre broadband at the end of my contact come next year.

Darren

stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 68

@neywrote:

Although I do like the Now TV Big Entertainment package with HD add on. BT no longer give you a channel choice.

When I first got BT TV back in 2014 it was an alternative to Sky for getting more extra channels but it not the case now.

Also BT dont seem to offer any discounts on Now TV packages like if you have Now TV direct from them.

If it was not for me being able to record the Now TV channels. I would now be thinking of maybe looking elsewhere for my Fibre broadband at the end of my contact come next year.

Ultimately, this is what those of us who didn't like the move have been saying all along. New BT TV is a more expensive and less flexible version of Freeview Play with apps and has lost what made it a good value alternative to Sky or Virgin.

Apart from the ability to record NOW TV (which is important to some, I get it) and access to AMC, you can get literally everything else it offers for less, without a 2 year contract.

The other thing I have never understood is when BT reduced the size of the hard drive in the newer version of the 4K box from 1TB to 500GB, the justification on this very forum was that all the usage data BT have points to customers streaming and using on demand apps, rather than time shifting. Usage of a PVR to record is falling, which is confirmed in other reports and was a trend that started in 2013. 

So what is the long term benefit of doing a deal allowing your customers to be able to record NOW TV apart from satisfying the needs of an ever decreasing cohort?  

garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 68

@neywrote:

There are actually reports of them giving away less & less discounts as well nowadays although there's been 6 months half price offers recently from BT too so don't see how there's "no" discounts from BT

0 Ratings
MJS1
Beginner
Message 44 of 68

When I spoke to BT re my Max HD package I was told categorically they would not offer any discounts on this package, I had 3 options, do nothing (which I did), cancel or choose a new package (which doesn't provide the channels I watch).

hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 68

Yes that covers it.
I am not sure that I personally want to carry on paying for less, and certainly not switching to something different.
0 Ratings
jimjamuk
Beginner
Message 46 of 68

Well I just rang and cancelled the TV - basically I have NowTV already and pay a whopping £8 for Ent and Films due to some discount so why I would want to move to a package that costs more and duplicates what I already have is beyond me. Personally I think its a bad move for BT as 4 of the 6 channels going I do watch.

0 Ratings
TomV87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 68

Have you still got broadband with them

0 Ratings
Hedgemama
Beginner
Message 48 of 68

We are looking at Sky too now as been completely let down by BT - I was told on the phone this morning that I would be automatically moved over to another TV package - will lose CNN, Eurosport, TLC, Quest etc. but they couldn't guarantee the pricing and also said I may have to pay to get out of the contract!

0 Ratings
Hedgemama
Beginner
Message 49 of 68

Totally agree with you...
0 Ratings
Postie1994
Beginner
Message 50 of 68

What TV package do you have now? The classic entertainment pack includes all those channels .I intend to stay with it for as long as possible solely because of eurosport. 

0 Ratings