cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 51 of 68

Re: TV Channel Changes from 28th February 2021

Plusnet have started confirming via email to existing customers that the same 7 channels are being removed from their version of YouView. Same timescales.

@Postie1994 I suspect Eurosport 1 & 2 as linear channels will be gone from BT TV before the end of the year, but there will be other ways to access the content.

A few other forum members use a direct subscription to the Eurosport Player and that is going to be rolled into the Discovery+ app, which is available on a few platforms now and may come to BT in future.

0 Ratings
mjglory
Contributor
Message 52 of 68

Has anyone attempted to cancel their contract over this? I'm really disappointed that these channels are going and would never have agreed a 2 year contract if I had know this was going to happen.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 53 of 68

@mjglorywrote:

Has anyone attempted to cancel their contract over this? I'm really disappointed that these channels are going and would never have agreed a 2 year contract if I had know this was going to happen.

The letter informing you of the changes will state what your options are, including if you qualify to end the TV agreement without penalty, it should also include an offer with the new TV packages.

0 Ratings
londonman
Contributor
Message 54 of 68

non recordable.. whats the point of that .. bt really is rubbish
0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 55 of 68

@londonman 

What is "non recordable"? I thought that the whole point of getting NowTV through BT and not directly was that the channels can be recorded on the BT box?

0 Ratings
londonman
Contributor
Message 56 of 68

now tv non contract i believe are non recordable
0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 57 of 68

@londonman 

I currently have NowTV Entertainment and Sport passes that I use via the NowTV app on the BT box: these are not recordable, but much cheaper than via BT.

However, I thought that if you got NowTV through BT, with the option to change your package monthly, (is that what you mean by "non contract"?), then the channels appear in the EPG and can be recorded like any other EPG channel. (Or have I got that wrong?).

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 68

Taking the Now TV pack through BT means the channels will appear on the Youview  EPG and can are recordable, as opposed to the app which, of course, is non recordable.

0 Ratings
londonman
Contributor
Message 59 of 68

Are you really in no contract with now tv ? Can you remove all tv for a month and then add them later ? If so why does BT ask for a 24 month contract ? 

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 60 of 68

@londonman 

re 24 month contract:

My understanding is that the 24 month contract refers to BT TV as a whole. For example you could swap between the most expensive and cheapest packages every month if you wanted to - provided you always have something.

0 Ratings