Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Richie-
Guru
Message 11 of 68

Re: Losing channels

Search is your friend, see Here 

BT have announced :

The following channels are being removed from this package from 1st March: Sky History, Lifetime, Crime & Investigation and Vice. From 1st April, Syfy and E! will also be removed.

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 12 of 68

Re: Channels being removed from Classic Entertainment TV pack

Does anyone know if this will also mean we will be losing Sky History 2, currently on channels 330 and 390? This one does not seem to be available by "upgrading" to a NowTV package.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 13 of 68

@Paul608085 Sky History 2 isn't available on NowTV at the moment. 

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 14 of 68

@NigelB72I am aware that Sky History 2 is not available at the moment, (are you suggesting that it will be when it goes from the Classic package?). The point of my original post was to ask if Sky History 2 will disappear from the Classic package at the same time as Sky History (1).

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 68

@Paul608085 personally, I cannot see that BT/Sky would just leave just one Sky Channel, Sky History 2 on the Classic Entertainment Package. I would also not be surprised if Comedy Central Extra is not included when Comedy Central is removed.

Stew

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 16 of 68

To answer my own question, 😀, I called BT and asked them. Unfortunately they have confirmed that Sky History 2 will also be going - but with no alternative option from BT to restore it 😞

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 68

@StewMwrote:

@Paul608085 personally, I cannot see that BT/Sky would just leave just one Sky Channel, Sky History 2 on the Classic Entertainment Package. I would also not be surprised if Comedy Central Extra is not included when Comedy Central is removed.

Stew

I would also not be surprised that when other licences expire with Discovery, UK TV, Disney and Viacom that further channels are not removed. Leaving the package pretty bare in content.

Stew

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 18 of 68

The Discovery channels, (including Animal Planet and others that BT doesn't have),  are now available via the new Discovery+ app - though the app is not, (yet?), available on the BT box.

The UKTV channels are the ones that I am struggling with an alternative source for - they do not seem to have their own player app? On Sky, Eden only looks to be available in SD.

Plusnet TV, (ironically, them being part of BT), seems to be maintaining their version of the current BT legacy package though!

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 19 of 68

@Paul608085 nothing has been announced for Sky seem to be strengthening the NowTV platform as a viable alternative to people that want the primary Sky channels without a dish or switching everything to Virgin Media. If Sky put in place reseller arrangements with most ISP's that have TV packs, it gives them an excellent commercial advantage over Virgin Media...

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 20 of 68

@Paul608085 UKTV ownership has been split between BBC Worldwide and Discovery Networks.  UK TV do have an app for the few channels that they have and the content owned by Discovery Networks is available through Discovery+. There's a free version with limited content and also a premium version with more content available. I can only see the availability of on demand content and content from the American broadcasters being even more fragmented and hidden behind apps because the American system for content delivery has been severely disrupted by  "cord cutters"... 

0 Ratings