Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Chargable Phone Call

So I've been with BT over 5 years now. But for well over 12 months I've not had a house phone connected to the master socket. I'm on Infinity 2 for my BB, and today at 12:07 PM apparently I made a phone call that lasted 0:00 at a charge at £0.34p to Stoke on Trent I live in Crewe, Cheshire about 25 miles away. But how is that possible when I don't own a house phone. I and the wife are both on contract with O2 with iPhone 7 plus models, so have no need to use a landline if one was connected. And apparently last month 72 calls were made on my landline but none chargeable. The month before June to July none at all. This needs looking into if possible, I phoned up over the phone but got told it will not get looked into until next month. Sorry, but someone has used my landline without any of us knowing. When a house phone isn't connected very strange. Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 18.41.38.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 18.43.56.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 18.45.43.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Chargable Phone Call

Have you checked that the number is correct? Dial 1470 17070 and see if the number announced is yours, as you may have a crossed line.

You will need to get hold of a phone to plug in.

0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 3 of 7

If I phone my own number using my mobile it rings then goes to BT. So it's working, it's very strange that after months of no trouble and now this. I will try if I can get hold of a landline somehow.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

The fact that it rings, does not mean its going to your line, so you will need to check with a phone. You can also use your phone line to ring your mobile, and see if the correct number is displayed.

McGrath1982
Expert
Message 5 of 7

So I've got an Openreach engineer coming tomorrow between 8 am 1 pm. But an engineer was over the road about 20 minutes ago connecting a new phone line for someone in our street. I picked his brains about my problem and for a brew he came over to my house plugged in something and told me my phone number was correct. So hopefully this can get sorted tomorrow. Just to update this post.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @McGrath1982,

Please post back tomorrow and let us know how things go with the engineer.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 7 of 7

@PaddyB Just to update this post. The engineer came today at 10:30 am and has only just left. He did some testing on the line and it was erroring on the line test or something. So he went along the line and to the exchange and changed the equipment and also at the cabinet in the street. Broadband wasn't a problem before hand but whatever he's done, I've got my speed back that I lost. So now he was going to send a report back to BT from the job. And he told me it's a problem is with the BT database, so is it possible I can get this looked at many thanks, Michael.  

0 Ratings