cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAD9956
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Charge for BT Sport

In July 2013 I renewed my BB package and added BT Sport including BT Sport HD on my Sky box.  The letter I got at the time clearly states the BT Sport discount runs out runs out 31.7.2014. However, it also says I will still get the BT Sport discount if I renew the contract before the current one runs out.  I did renew the contract in mid June and was assured my BT Sport would carry on as before. I even called BT to check when I got a reminder telling me the BT Sport "contract" expired on 31.7.2.2014. The bloke I spoke to told me that these reminders were being sent out to everyone rather than check to see who had renewed their contract. Nothing to worry about then!!! That is until I get my new bill tonight and find I'm being charged for BT Sport HD. Not quite as advertised and promised.  On principle, first thing in the morning I will be cancelling this and I will be complaining to BT as well.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Charge for BT Sport

Hi, are you paying for BT Sports or BT Sports HD? The HD version costs £3 more.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
NAD9956
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Charge for BT Sport

Yes, it's the HD. I always knew it was free for 1 year but when I re-newed my contract in June I was definitely under the impression it was going to continue to be free with my new contract.  I don't think it's clear on any of the paperwork they sent me and there was no mention of the £3 charge after 31 July during either of the 2 calls I made. If I'd understood a charge for HD would apply (and clearly I didn't) I wouldn't have agreed to it.  I don't watch BT Sport much anyway and certainly not enough to pay an extra £3 a month. Have now rung and cancelled it.

0 Ratings