cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 18

Re: Charge

I'm glad you're in defensive mode and would urge you not to divulge any personal information unless or until you are absolutely certain of the caller's identity - ultimately, if genuine, they should be able to get a cheque mailed to you by way of refund; that way no bank account details need to be exchanged, although I'd still be wary of passing on my postal address "blind".

I do hope one of the Moderators  will be able to jump in and offer both reassurance and progress.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 18

Hi @annt1  sorry that you were not called back as agreed. I'm sure that it was just someone who could not locate your account as sometimes Premium Mail accounts can be hard to locate. Have received any further updates or has your case with Equifax been updated? 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Hi John, 

Thanks for picking this up for me. The advisers name was Sam and I think he was based in Cardiff if that helps. He said he "was in" at 11.00 on Sat morning and would call me at 11.30. As I mentioned when I called the complaints line to chase this up, the other advisor couldn't help me. Sam was able to locate my account quickly, he found all the relevant information and seemed to be sorting this for me.  My Equifax file has not been updated yet and no further updates.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

I won't give any information, but I did believe the advisor was genuine, he sent a pin to my email that I had to give back to him to ensure I was who I said I was. To be honest I wasn't bothered about the refund, just want my credit report amended. A moderator has messaged me this morning, so am really hoping this can be sorted. My internet went down yesterday and this morning, so only just been able to get back on line. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 18

I am sure your case is in good hands now and wish you a positive outcome.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Thank you for all your help Longshanks0511, I hope so, take care.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Default on Credit Report

Can anyone please advise?

I have posted on here previously when I noticed a default on my credit report from Exparian. It was from BT dating back to 2017, but only appeared in May 2020. 

After looking into this it appears when we left BT in 2014, as I kept my email, I was being charged by BT unknowingly for the service. This has resulted in the default, I received no notices or invoice from BT about this. 

I raised a dispute with both Equifax and Exparian. I have also spoke to BT complaints three times including today. Each time the advisor stated there is no debt, it has been wiped and when Equifax contact them there are notes on the account to say the credit report will be amended. Two advisors even offered to refund me the money?

Equifax said today they have raised the issue with BT who are asking for an account number, which Equifax have now provided, they have 21 days to reply. 

In the meantime Exparian have received notice back from BT to say the default is correct and I still owe the money, so my credit report will not change. 

How am I receiving such mixed messages? I was unaware that I even owed any money, and would happily pay anything I owe, but my credit score have been completely messed up because of this error. 

I am at a loss as to what to do next, am so stressed with this matter and have tried many times to resolve it, but getting nowhere?

Can someone please help?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Re: Default on Credit Report

I have been on the phone for over an hour this morning trying to resolve this issue, cut off once, then spoke to a lovely lady who was unable to help me as she couldn't get into my account as no account number.She agreed it was not good service. How am I meant to resolve this issue?

Response from Exparian

They've confirmed the information is accurate, so we don't have permission to amend or delete this entry on your credit report.

They have provided the following response to the dispute we raised on your behalf:

I confirm the default that is recording on the customer’s credit file for this account is recording correctly and will not be removed.

"There is an outstanding balance on this account of £27.32 which relates to invoices dated from 19th September 2016 through to 8th March 2017 when the account was cancelled due to non- payment.  The last payment we received to this account was on 29th August 2016 which cleared the invoice dated 19th August 2016.Please advise the customer to contact BT Customer Services on 0800 800 150 to make a payment or if the customer wishes to dispute the charges.  Once the outstanding balance has been cleared, the Credit File will automatically update to show as a satisfied default."

I do understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for, therefore, if you'd like to discuss their decision, you can contact them directly.

0 Ratings