cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sillothian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Charged 3 times for my Broadband & Calls package this month!

Go to solution

I have a problem with being charged 3 times for Broadband and Calls on my latest bill. I've come here for help first as I know from the debacle I had last year with moving house, upgrading to fibre and getting my BT Sport working that phoning/live chat with the overseas call centre is an exercise in futility. From my dealings with the mods here last year I did have a link to a UK based live chat team but that doesn't seem to work now (always says chat is unavailable at this time) so I'm hoping a mod can sort my problem for me.

On the 3rd July the monthly cost of my Broadband and Calls package (Unlimited BT Infinity 2 & Unlimited Weekend Calls) was due to increase from £30 to £32.50 but on the 23rd May I took advantage of your account review offer (linked in the email detailing the price increases) which would reduce the cost of my package to £28.50/month for 18 months. This order went active on 24th May.

I have just received my latest bill and found that I have 3 separate charges for Broadband and Calls when there should only be one at my new offer rate of £28.50. Firstly there is a charge for £36.18 for the period 24th May to 27th June which should not be there as I have already paid £30 on my previous bill for this month of my package (28th May to 27th June). The second charge of £30 in advance for the period 28th June to 27th July is also incorrect as it is the old package rate. Only the third charge of £28.50 in advance for the period 28th June to 27th July is correct (£32.50 minus the £4 special offer discount) and that is the only Broadband and Calls charge that should appear on this bill.

So I'm hoping that a mod can sort out getting a credit on my next bill for this extra £66.18 I've been charged.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Charged 3 times for my Broadband & Calls package this month!

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Sillothian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Is this a link to the UK based team because otherwise I'd rather wait for a mod to help me this?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Sillothian I agree your account needs to be checked and corrected. 

Send us your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods and we'll get things fixed for you.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Sillothian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Will do John. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Sillothian I'm happy to see that Rueben contacted you and has got the billing fixed for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Sillothian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry I should've posted an update much earlier but the mods came up trumps once again. The day after I contacted the mods through the forum I got a call from Michelle to say my account would be creditted on my next bill. Then a couple of days after that Rueben called to say they caught the error in time so I wouldn't have to wait a month for the credit and that they'd only charge the correct amount from my bank, which they have. Problem sorted, great service and far, far easier than going through the call centre.

Cheers.

0 Ratings