cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sabre
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Charged for Broadband useage when we are on Unlimited - Seriously?

On the 24th of January i spoke to a British BT advisor and he agreed to give me a better broadband deal (lower price). An hour later he sent me an email and the contents of the email did not line up to what we had agreed so i rang BT and cancelled the order (that was placed 6 hours prior).

Since then (nearly 2 months) - i have had no end of trouble - orders have been made that i never placed, emails have come in left, right and centre with mistakes galore. I have spent hours and hours doing live chats with Indian agents who clearly are making further mistakes. I have spoken with British advisors who say one thing and then the next i know - further emails come to me with more mistakes in them.

We have always been on unlimited Broadband useage and our March bill stated £63 for broadband useage as we had gone over - REMEMBER WE ARE ON UNLIMITED USEAGE. After more live chats, phone calls - an Indian agent says she can see that we have an Unlimited Broadband package - she says there is a technical fault that she will get sorted. I pay what we actually owe (via bank card over phone) and tonight i go into my BT account and guess what - it says we owe £63. (broadband useage)

And if this is not bad enough - i go into our 'recent useage' and guess what - it says that we have used way over our March allowance and will be billed for this in April - NOT A CHANCE - as we are on Unlimited Broadband.

I sent 2 letters to BT Headquarters on Thurs/Fri (signed for) and if i do not get a swift response then i will be taking this to a National newspaper and let them publish/deal with this matter.

I had had 2 months of stress and worry - and for a company the size of BT to treat their customers like this is downright disgraceful.

This needs to be sorted immediately. Please someone help me.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Will someone from BT help sort this mess out - i have had 2 months of stress over this whole mes

Welcome to the forum. I've amalgamated your messages into a new thread because posting the same thing in several places will cause confusion. I'm asking the moderators to have a look at your issues and they will post contact info here in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 3 of 9

Re: Charged for Broadband useage when we are on Unlimited - Seriously?

Hi @Sabre,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I'll be able to help get things corrected. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sabre
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Hi Paddy

I have gone on to your page and where it says 'Contact me' - nothing happens when i try to click on c/m.

Can you help me - is there some other area where i can click on to?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

This is where it is.

You need to be logged in and viewing the full site, not the mobile version to see the link.

PaddyB
About
Moderation Team Email Address: Please fill out this "contact us" form

**Click here to contact the mods

0 Ratings
Sabre
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thank you - i have managed to find this info.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Sabre,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry that I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've checked the details of your recent bill and all the charges look correct. There is no Broadband usage charges showing on that bill.

If there anything still outstanding or if you have any question, please get back to me.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Sabre
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi - i have been out of mobile reach today thus why you could not reach me via mobile.

This matter has not reached a satisfactory conclusion yet - and i don't want to say more on this on these message boards. Someone was going to call me today (i don't think the guy was you but maybe it was). However, please ring me between 5pm and 5.50pm to speak about this.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Sabre,

I'm sorry that the complaint hasn't been resolved. I won't be in the office later on this evening but I've asked my colleague @DanielS to give you a call.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings